Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Of Spokane Looks at Grading them..:confused:

In 5 days I will have had my ACE 250 for three months. I have found 1601 coins for a total of $73.37. I dig a TON of pennies!!! In that time I have found some very neat things. 8 rings, a number of pendants(good and junk), a nice necklace, old coins (1854 bank token)(1905 Penny),some charms and the other things that are so cool to find. I wonder how people rate their finds. Like the rings I have found. I based my rating system like the school days. A-F and here is what I have so far.
A-2
B-3
C-1
D-1
F-1

The thing that gets me most is going to places I know have been searched before. I find rings, coins, neat things and so on. Are these people before me in a hurry, have lesser equipment, don't know how to use it or all of the above. Like the 1905 penny. The lady I asked to search the property told me OTHERS have been there before. I love it when they say that..:crazy: Gives me more of a challenge and from my short experience I know I will find something that was left behind by other detectorists.

Oh and BTW, I also have a Mon-Fri 9 hour a day job. My searching is on the weekends.

Comments???

...Hmmm that interesting. I have never really thought about that. I dont know how to have a rating system that anyone but me could understand, at least not without a long explanataion, which I dont want to subject you folks too! :blink:

I suppose I most rate finds by the WOW! factor. I have any number of Merury dimes, but even a 1916-D wouldnt offer the WOW of the large gold and diamond ring I once found (and sadly, my ex departed with).
I personally would say WOW! but, no one else would.

SO WOW! is reserved for only the few finds. The last one that got people out of their seats when I showed them were the gold teeth I found. WOW! Factor: 2

Great reply and thanks David. I always thought about putting my tector up to my mouth to see what my fillings would show. You found the whole set....eheheeh. As for me, I WOW every time I pull something from the ground that isn't a pop top or a penny. Some things just don't get me as excited..:rage:

Most detectors have some form of descrimination. I think that the other guys are trying to descrininate out the junk and pass up the treasure. Some guys buy from Kellyco or Wally World and don't really have a clue as to what they are doing, although Kellyco can offer help. I've known guys that swing like they are swatting snakes (fast). I've known guys that swing like a pendulum (up on the end of the swing. I have yet to detect a coin while it's airborn. Ignorance, not a bad word, just means lack of knowledge, bad technique, equipment that is not as adavnced, you name it it could be the reason. No place is ever hunted out. I met up with some of the guys on the Christian Forum in Michigan this year. We went to area that has benn hard hit. I found the oldest coin, 1890 IH with full Liberty. I use an old Garrett GTA1000. Leslie was there and found his usual 50 coins. With a Garrett Freedom Ace no less. There were Minelabs, Fisher, Garrets and Whites. It was more of hunting the right place than experience or equipment. There was only one fellow there that had less experience than I did. I have 5 years. Leslie had 32 years and steve in so az had 25.
My cousin who has a Garrett GTA550 said he was hunting a school when a guy that lived across the street came out and said "You won't find anything there, I have Brand "X" and I've thoughly hunted that place. My cousin was digging a target and out came a silver Rosie. Two targets later out pops another silver Rosie. The guy went back in the house and didn't come out again.
You just keep pullig those goodies out and never mind the other guy unless he wants to know how you're doing that.
HH

Yeah I've found gold fillings and a partial. Many years agowhen platinum was next to worthless dentures were made of platinum. Also, lightning rods. Keep that in mind when hunting old buildings of any kind. There could be a fortune sitting on the roof.

Bill

Platinum lightning rods. Well, Ill be. Nice to know

Yeah back in the Gold Rush days the prospectors threw platinum away when they found it as it was worthless then. My how times have changed. :)

Bill