Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Is Kind Of Confussed???:surrender:

I did my first detecting on August 3rd last year when I got the Ace 250. I worked around my yard and dug a lot of junk (I had no idea what to do then). On August 7th after playing around a bit more with the Yeller Feller I found the 1854 Canadian Bank Token in my back yard.[attachment 48869 bank_token01.jpg] I have since then learned how to use the 250 and am quite proud of some of my findings. I got the Sniper Coil. I LOVE IT!!! So I took the hockey puck coil and went over my back yard again.[attachment 48873 backyard.jpg] Inch by Inch!!!!. Covered that sucker like flys on you know what......WHAT DID I FIND??? 7 coins for 11 cents. The oldest was a 1971 penny!!! So what's up? The more I have learned about the 250 the less I find? There was only ONE thing in my back yard to brag about?? I'm not sure....And no.........those aren't crop circles in the grass. I believe they are "fairy circles".....ehehehe. I only rent here so don't get onto me about my yard......

Now you can get better.
Are you sure that is not where a U.F.O. landed? It could explain some things.
You have got to fore give me. You and your brother are such clowns. I think it is contagious.
I want to try to give you my view on your situation. If you had to plow a 20 acer field and used a rota-tiller, you could get the job done. It would be hard and probably not as good as if you did it with a tractor. Each coil is made for a different purpose. You can still get the job done with either coil. You might miss something because it would be more difficult, then you might not. For me I will use the sniper in trashy areas and the stock coil in open cleaner areas. Makes life a lot easier.
Ah, by the way, how trashy is your back yard?

Down here in hot dry Texas, we have a saying. "The grass is always greener over the septic tank".:biggrin:
Good hunting to all.......Al

Ring Man, Please Use Spell Check

I know 3rd grade was the best 2 years of your life but I guess your teacher didn

[quote awhitster]Ring Man, Please Use Spell Check

I know 3rd grade was the best 2 years of your life but I guess your teacher didn

[quote john 'n' central fl.]Ah, by the way, how trashy is your back yard?[/quote]

It's funny the stuff that's out there. My next door neighbor who is a history buff says nothing has ever been on that part of the property (have to believe him). The whole area was platted in the 1900's. I have found building/house trash. Parts of concrete lag screw thingys, parts of fuses, door hinge pins, a gold plated mens ring next to the neighbors fence, smashed pop cans, a hunting arrow in whole, a Vienna Sausages can smashed, bits and pieces of other stuff that shouldn't be there if there was no house. But I am thinking that some of the dirt was fill brought in when the area was developed. Hence the 1854 coin. The rest of the stuff maybe when this place has been worked on over the years. It's been here for quite some time.......Kind of weird for sure.

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]Ring Man, Please Use Spell Check

[quote awhitster][quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]Ring Man, Please Use Spell Check