Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Has A New Hobby. Guess What It Is???

Took back to the bank today the halves I had gone though and then went across the street to another bank. Got $390 worth of halves. The lady says some of these things have been down there for two years or more!!!

Needless to say I found some that are nice...:yikes: Just for the heck of it I called a local coin shop. What you see there would net me $79.65 if sold today. But I'll wait......

You? You have no idea what opening that one roll did to me when I saw all those Franks and Walkers come out. I couldn't get the rest of the rolls open fast enough. It was a good day "in the house coin shooting" for sure........

They had to go to the basement to get your coins. Was it one of those big old banks that has a dungeon for a basement and they don't even know what they have down there.

Nice score Bro. I told you don't get discouraged. You better get back down there and see if they have any dollars.

[quote John 'n' W.Va]They had to go to the basement to get your coins. Was it one of those big old banks that has a dungeon for a basement and they don't even know what they have down there.[/quote]
Actually it's a newer modern US Bank that is just another bank to me. Talking to the tellers when I was working the deal she just said......."We have about $1500 worth of halves in the vault. I know some of them have been there for two years or more." GUESS WHERE I AM GOING BACK TOMORROW??? I'll cash in the ones I got today and get some more.(have to open an account to do that but so what) This place sounds like a gold mine for this type of thing!!! At least until I look through all their coins...ehehehe..

[quote khouse]I've been doing some reading on coin roll hunting. Now I see it works! Great finds there!!![/quote]You bet it works. I taught him everything he knows about it, just like detecting:rofl:

I was reading where people were asking for bags of coins. Are the coins rolled and put in a bag or are they loose?

[quote khouse]I was reading where people were asking for bags of coins. Are the coins rolled and put in a bag or are they loose?[/quote]Loose and rolls. Some times there is no choice.

A quick trip to town with $1,000 in my pocket and a gleam in my eye turned into a trip to town for a pack of smokes. My bank has ONE half dollar. They called the main branch, nada. Other branches, nada. I went across the street to a branch where I don't have any accounts, and after eyeing me with suspicion they produced 5 half dollars.

So I'd say that you live in Valhalla, or close enough to it that they not only have oodles of half dollar coins but Walking Liberty's to boot.

I wonder if my bank has ANY actual MONEY in it?

Steve

If you realy want some you might have to order them. That's what I did. They had one. I took it back, minus some silver. Ordered one, took it back to another bank, minus some silver and ordered another. It will be here Friday.:clap: