Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Found The Ring, Then The Wheaties:clapping:

While waiting to meet with a developer who would let me on his property to do some swinging, I went to a local park. Found 57 cents and a nice 925 ring.
They are tearing down/moving a block of houses built in the mid/late 50's. The developers friend got first dibs on detecting and I had to wait. Today I got to go in and walk around all the holes this other guy left. I was told he found a silver half and a couple silver dimes and lots of pennies. I dug anything that hit today and dug deep. These pennies were all four to five inches down in the nice easy sandy loam under the grass. Problem is there wasn't much to find other than these, a couple zincs and a couple clads. This other guy did complain that there wasn't much to find there. But you never know...........

The wheats are 44s, 46nm, 53s, 54s (the one that has part cut off) and a 56d.

Nice ring. Looks like you found 4 and 3/4 cents:rofl:

The cut on that wheat is so clean and it was next to the flower bed. I think an edger got it for sure. And yes, that is a nice ring. Clearly maked 925 with a
6 5 for the size (fits on my mandrel at 6 1/2) then there is an 8 in a circle. Mint mark I presume??

Nada,
I'd say 4 & 13/16 of a penny.:rofl::rofl:
Jokin' apart Rosco, I really like the look of your beautiful 925 that's a lovely floral pattern. WD m8.

[quote draaiorgel]Nada,
I'd say 4 & 13/16 of a penny.:rofl::rofl:
Jokin' apart Rosco, I really like the look of your beautiful 925 that's a lovely floral pattern. WD m8.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by the WD m8. All I know is it has an 8 in a circle. I figure it's the makers mark??

[quote draaiorgel]Just to clarify WD m8 = Well dug mate.
Nice finds anyway.
[/quote]

Sorry. I never did learn any foreign languages......:razz:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]The cut on that wheat is so clean and it was next to the flower bed. I think an edger got it for sure. And yes, that is a nice ring. Clearly marked 925 with a
6 5 for the size (fits on my mandrel at 6 1/2) then there is an 8 in a circle. Mint mark I presume??[/quote]
1. Go back, you might find the other piece and then you could glue it together:rofl:
2. It's called a makers mark or jewelry mark. A mint mark is for coins:nerd:
3. I looked but couldn't find that makers mark.:rage:

[quote awhitster]
1. Go back, you might find the other piece and then you could glue it together:rofl:
2. It's called a makers mark or jewelry mark. A mint mark is for coins:nerd:
3. I looked but couldn't find that makers mark.:rage:[/quote]

1. Belive me I searched that area good after digging that one up. Thought I might get a hit. Never did.
2. I knew that. Just used the wrong term. SORRY.....:starwars:
3.Thanks for checking.

4. It's marked. It's marked 925, a nice ring and that is what counts.........:clap:

Probably a foreign makers mark. There is a slew of cheap jewelry coming out of third world countries. China pumps out a lot of counterfeit jewelry - but what's new.

Bill