Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Finally Broke The Ring Barrier..:clapping:

Went out today and did some parks I haven't been to before. The usual stuff, playgrounds, lawn areas, around the basketball courts and such. In one of the playgrounds I had a nice ding ding on the low end of the silver range. PULLED OUT A RING!!!!! It's clean, it's rings like silver when you drop it, but has no markings at all on the inside. A RING IS A RING IS A RING!!!! Also found an RTD bus token from Colorado. That was fun too.....Found 52 coins for $2.09. Not much for the coin count but I FINALLY FOUND A RING!!!:yikes:

[quote John-Edmonton]Looks like everyone has scored a ring during the past couple of weeks.[/quote]
No doubt. The weather is getting better, the detecting gods are in our favor and we will ALL find our pot of gold. Be it pennies or a ring it's worth the trip!!!

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] In one of the playgrounds......A RING IS A RING IS A RING......but I FINALLY FOUND A RING!!!:yikes:[/quote]
I know you been in a big slump but are you sure that's a ring. I mean, you know how kids put a washer of pipe ferrel and such on their fingers and call them a ring. That looks pretty iffy to me:confused::nono:

[quote awhitster][quote Rosco Bookbinder] In one of the playgrounds......A RING IS A RING IS A RING......but I FINALLY FOUND A RING!!!:yikes:[/quote]
I know you been in a big slump but are you sure that's a ring. I mean, you know how kids put a washer of pipe ferrel and such on their fingers and call them a ring. That looks pretty iffy to me:confused::nono:[/quote]
Not a pipe ferrel for sure. Matter of fact I stopped by Bowans yesterday to talk to (can't remember his name) and he looked at it. Says it's a ring for sure but with no markings it's hard to tell what flavor it is. He tried it on one of his tectors and it hit in the 30 range. Not sure what that meant........And it's not a kids size. It's a good size ring for sure......

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] Matter of fact I stopped by Bowans yesterday to talk to (can't remember his name) and he looked at it. Says it's a ring for sure but with no markings it's hard to tell what flavor it is.[/quote]I can't find Bowans Jewelry Store on the net, oh well, it's your story Bro, STICK TO IT.

[quote awhitster]I can't find Bowans Jewelry Store on the net, oh well, it's your story Bro, STICK TO IT.[/quote]
Bowans is a local detector store. Been in business for many many years. The current owner (very well known for his collection and knowledge) has owned it since 2000. John-Edmonton has tected with him.

Well done Rosco,
I know what it feels like.
Don't let your bro put you down, come to think of it I'm a bit fed up with the missus skunking me recently.
Hey, that's all gonna change soon.

BTW awhitster, he might not have such easy hunting places as yourself, at least give him a bit of encouragement.
We all have good days & bad days.
I'm going to be ahead of the missus when we go out next time, 'cause I'm grinding at beaches and sussing out the towel line. (yeeeeeeee haaaaaa)

Ian & Eileen

[quote draaiorgel]

BTW awhitster, he might not have such easy hunting places as yourself, at least give him a bit of encouragement.
[/quote]Just trying to make up for when we were little and he used to beat up on me:rofl:

Believe me, he has WAY more parks in his area to hunt than me:detecting:

[quote awhitster][quote draaiorgel]

[/quote]Just trying to make up for when we were little and he used to beat up on me:rofl:
Believe me, he has WAY more parks in his area to hunt than me:detecting:[/quote]

I never beat up on him......much.....hehe
Hey, I've cleaned those parks. They need a few years to re-coin. I have to expand. I did today. Went on the south side where I have never been. I didn't find enough to buy a soda. I need to move back to Calif. Hey Bro, Got a room for rent????

The correct term is HALLMARKING. For the record, they started hallmarking silver in great Britain over 700 years ago:nerd:

Looks like silver to me. There are a lot of titanium rings floating around out there. Don't know if they stamp them or not. They ain't cheap.

Bill