Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Did A Little Today. Coins And Neat Stuff :detecting:

Yesterday it was raining way too much even with my umbrella cover for the 250, so I did some shopping. Today I went out and did a geocache then hit the lawns. Stopped at a park I've been to before and found 22 coins for 88 cents. Then I stopped at a school I've been to before and found 8 coins for 36 cents. Last stop was another school I've been to before and this time I worked it over really good. 38 coins for $1.42 plus the fun stuff. Pictures below. The charm thing is pewter and the key is brass for some kind of diary or keepsake book of sorts I guess. It was a fun day for sure. 68 coins for $2.66. No much in coinage but just being out and around with the sun shine was nice.

The pennies in the bottom picture are now in the tumbler. I'll post an after pic when they are done. I've had people ask me how to clean them and what the results are. Standy by for news...........

Nice finds Bro, looks like your learning something. You must have finished my book, "Six Months Ago I Couldn't Spell Metaldetectorist, Now I Are One":rofl: I like the key, looks vintage. Your soil must be different than here, our clad gets real black quick. Tumble? Shoot, I just roll em like I findem and take them to the bank. I'd like to be there when the next person gets that roll:rofl:

I read the book and used it for the bird cage when I was done.:biteme:
The key is only brass and in the lawn at a middle school. Don't think there is much vintage about it. Who knows?? Yea I know you roll your coins like they are. I have a bit more pride in the American coinage system than that. I'VE GOTTEN SOME OF YOUR COINS IN CHANGE AT THE STORE. :rage:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] I have a bit more pride in the American coinage system than that. I'VE GOTTEN SOME OF YOUR COINS IN CHANGE AT THE STORE. :rage:[/quote]Well, why you are home wasting time with your pride (tumbling), I'm out detecting looking for my next big score, so :biteme: You'll learn some priority's one of these days. Anyhow, If I have a coin worth cleaning I'm not going to tumble it with a bunch of rocks and screw it up:nono:

Well here's the plan. Now that I am alone (my girlfriend took off for "other" people)and I will be selling my boat in the next couple months, I will have tons of time to do nothing but swing the yeller feller this summer. I'll have to expand my travels to new adventures but that's where the fun will be. Then again, I'm buying the place I live in so now I can do lots of things around here to make it FOR ME and not the land lady. I'm sure detecting will be first on the list though. :clap:

Ah geesh, you had to ask.

Are you kidding?? I found this coin (An 1854 Upper Canada 1/2 cent token in the yard)last year when I had just started learning about my 250. At first I thought it was a chucky cheese token. I've lived here for over two years now. Should have bought the place when I first moved in but wasn't sure what I would be doing with my life. Now......I'm buying, it's going to be mine and if I need to dig a hole to find a penny in MY yard so be it...hehehee.

[quote Uncle Willy]Are you sure you two are related? :rofl:

Bill[/quote]He's the milkman's kid:yikes: