Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Could Be The New Easement King...:yikes:

My brother Awhitster said to start working the easements (we call them parking strips here). So I did. I started next to my yard and turned the corner. I worked ONE side of the street, ONE block. Found TWO wheats and a neat brass pin plus some change. This could be very rewarding for sure..........

UPDATE!!! Looking at the coins before counting and cleaning I found another WHEAT IN THE PILE. A 1954!!! You can actually see it on the top left just above the key with the ring. I need to use my glasses more often....eheheh.

Nice finds there! Are you talking about the areas between the sidewalks and the curb? Can you post a picture of what you call the parking strips? Thanks!

[quote khouse]Nice finds there! Are you talking about the areas between the sidewalks and the curb? Can you post a picture of what you call the parking strips? Thanks![/quote]That's it, it is a gold mine and owned by the city / county so, we own it, we can detect it:thumbup:

n/t

That's what I thought you were talking about. Have you been told that your trespassing and leave? This happened to me and I just left. I'm a little reluctant to hit those areas again. I didn't want to make a stink but I just want to see what your reply to them is?

[quote khouse]That's what I thought you were talking about. Have you been told that your trespassing and leave? This happened to me and I just left. I'm a little reluctant to hit those areas again. I didn't want to make a stink but I just want to see what your reply to them is?[/quote]
Well I just had it happen. A stip with mostly dead grass. I was swinging and got a hit. About the same time I started to poke a hole a young punk (about 25 or so) comes running up to the fence, tells me to get the he$$ off his property or he's going to kick my a$$. I said wait a sec don't get bent. This is city property, I do have a right to be here UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT ME TO. He didn't like that answer, runs into the house saying he's going to call the cops. Before he was in the house I was off "his" strip...ehehe. The guy lives down the other end of the alley from me. I went home, put my stuff away then walked back to his house. Told him I wasn't holding anything against him but he sure did come on strong. He said he knows it's city property but he takes care of his grass and didn't want any holes dug in it. I explained how I use a screw driver and pinpointer, cover my tracks when I'm done and the worst thing I have done to the lawn was to aerate it. He agreed but said his brother would have kicked my A$$ just for being there so he was trying to "protect" me....ehehe We shook hands, chatted a bit then I left. Guess I won't go there again. Oh by the way, I did grab a penny while there......ehehehehe.....

[quote khouse]That's what I thought you were talking about. Have you been told that your trespassing and leave? This happened to me and I just left. I'm a little reluctant to hit those areas again. I didn't want to make a stink but I just want to see what your reply to them is?[/quote]I talked to my step son while I was down south, he is a LAPD officer. He verified it is city property and he wouldn't do anything to any one detecting on it. I am sure some homeowners will try and tell you it is their's. In the city I have been detecting in, the cops just drive by. You have two choices, let them call the cops and sort it out, leave or try and explain that you aren't hurting anything. If the area wasn't good lawn and the person didn't seem threatening I'd tell them go ahead and call the cops. I've had a few paople ask me what I was doing. they said, good luck.

What I would like to do is get the official law printed up on a card and carry it with me. I believe that the "easements" or "parking strips" if you will can not be excluded from a person right to detect.

"Public right-of-way" means the entire width between the dedicated boundaries of all public streets, roads, boulevards, alleys and includes all sidewalks and public parking strips located within any such boundaries.

By definition a "parking strip" is the area between the curb and the sidewalk.........

What you say???

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]What I would like to do is get the official law printed up on a card and carry it with me. I believe that the "easements" or "parking strips" if you will can not be excluded from a person right to detect.

"Public right-of-way" means the entire width between the dedicated boundaries of all public streets, roads, boulevards, alleys and includes all sidewalks and public parking strips located within any such boundaries.

By definition a "parking strip" is the area between the curb and the sidewalk.........

What you say???[/quote]
I say go to the Police Station and ask them what there ruling is on it. Document when, who and what time you spoke to someone.

Yeah, the strip between the sidewalk and the curb. Just think how many cars park there and how much stuff is lost by people getting in and out of cars and fishing for their keys.

Bill

I would have politely said, " Fine, kick my ass and first I'll have you arrested, then I'll sue you for everything you have or ever will have."

That usually slows them down a bit.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]Yeah, the strip between the sidewalk and the curb. Just think how many cars park there and how much stuff is lost by people getting in and out of cars and fishing for their keys.

Bill[/quote]That's what I'm talking about. And the ones before 1965, oh yea.........