Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Asks?? Is There A Ring In Every Park???:yikes:

Went out early this morning before it got hot. Hit my favorite local park and pulled out a Kennedy Half from the playground bark and a nice sterling ring from the lawn about 2 inches deep. 18 coins for $.85. Then went to the big park downtown and worked one area for an hour and half. Pulled 79 coins for $4.40. Total this morning....97 coins for $5.25 and a bus token(hey, that's where I work)(we don't take the tokens anymore). Now yard work to do...:cry:

Nice ring. Those halves are hard to come by. I've only found one myself. A 1952. Ben Franklin. 90% silver:punch:

Ring Man Asks?? Is There A Ring In Every Park???
Hit my favorite local park and pulled out a nice sterling ring from the lawn about 2 inches deep... Then went to the big park downtown and worked one area for an hour and half. Pulled 79 coins for $4.40.

The simple answer? Probably. But, you inadvertently answered your own question - second park, no ring.

In the immortal words of Han Solo:
"Don't get cocky, kid."

From the land of the Bluenose.....beginning to think so. Find also the sidelines and behind the end nets on soccer fields the same way Way to go me bouy!

I am sure rings are everywhere. It's just the luck of the draw. I am sure we have swung just a few inches from them many a time. Heck, one day I was walking out without swinging and hit one. One step the other way and I would have missed it. Like I said, right place, right time.

[quote DavHut]
The simple answer? Probably. But, you inadvertently answered your own question - second park, no ring.
[/quote]

Good answer Dave but you have no idea. I was headed to one side of the park to do some swinging. Met with a guy that was working one area. I started to walk and swing to the "clock tower area" and bing, bing, bing. I never left that part. We are talking about an area less than a football field. I spent my whole time there that I had allowed myself. I never made it to the clock. This park gets replenished every weekend. No problem. A ring??? I'll find it......eeheeh....

I think it was in one of "Clive's" books, that 90% of all jewelry is lost either in the water or within 10 foot of it.

That leaves the other 10% lost somewhere.

I've had pretty good luck finding jewelry, especially toe rings, in the volley ball court. I know others that have pretty good success in the kiddy lot. When it cools down this fall, I'm going to concentrate more on rings in parks. I have kind of found my knack for finding them in the water now, and hope to use the experience to find them on dry land.

HH Alton

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] No problem. A ring??? I'll find it......eeheeh....[/quote]So post a pic of your ring collection.

[quote awhitster]So post a pic of your ring collection.[/quote]

Why? So you can post a picture of your collection that's twice or more larger. Na...That's ok.....:surrender:

[quote Uncle Willy]Nice pile bud.

Bill[/quote]

Very true Bill :clapping:

Bill G :detecting:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]So post a pic of your ring collection.[/quote]

Why? So you can post a picture of your collection that's twice or more larger. Na...That's ok.....:surrender:[/quote]I gotta give you credit. Your smarter than you look.........:rofl: