Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring find on beach !

Setanta

Arrived on the beach today to find it deserted as it has been raining most of the day. (I'm in Dublin, Ireland where it never seems to stop raining). I was at the far end of the beach this time and the DFX was acting like a scalded cat. I couldn't settle it until I realised I was 10 metres from some high powered electric cables used for the equiv of an overground subway. I finally found a system of using the DFX whereby it settled for most of the time. I hunted with the trigger forward, I think this is all metal mode, and when I hit a signal, I flipped the trigger to normal discrim to ID it. It would usually ID well but after a few seconds it would go nuts again but at least I got a window of time to get a decent VDI count on.

So I start on an area of sand that people like to gather and after 30 mins of finding a few 10 cent coins, I hit a strong signal. Flip the switch to discrim (set in Jewelery/Beach mode preset...I know....I know but I've only had the machine 3 days and I'm still learning) and the VDI is varying 75

I'd deftinatly get that one checked. It's a real nice looking ring.CONGRATS!

Thanks guys, I'll get it checked out this weekend. You can check out the location pics on the Whites DFX Users Classroom forum. Bring warm clothes and a bottle of Irish whiskey :)

Thanks Gunnar, I haven't had the time to get it evaluated yet. My girlfriend has hogged it:rolleyes:

I did get the EMI sorted out thanks to Larry in the DFX Classroom, using only 15 Khz and Preamp lowered by one. She's running like velvet now. Found just over 10 Euro in change today on my lunchtime beach hunt.

So much yet to learn with the DFX and I'm loving it :beers: