Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rigged Beach Scoop

Weekendwarrior

I was out on hunt at a secluded beach and a fellow treasure hunter approached me. We started to talked and I explained I have only been been MDing for about 5 months, he stated he has been doing it for 20 + years. He said to hunt other areas within several miles which I would never have thought about & he also told me to get rid of my back breaker (12" Beach Sand Scoop):O as it would case pain in the lower back the next day. We wished each other well after sharing more stories and we went on our way, being new to MDing I thought I was fully rigged until I later observed him digging almost effortlessly with a tall 4 or 5 ft scoop:detecting:. Pride took over :yo: and I kept at it only to find .70 cents and also a sore back the next day:stretcher:. I decided to fabricate the above scoop with the top part of a pool cleaning pole. It seems like it will hold up for the time being, it's just that I received the 12" Beach Sand Scoop from Kellyco the previous week and did not want to fork out another $100.00 plus dollars for another scoop. Any advice on how to make the shaft stronger would be greatly appreciated.

Weekendwarrior said:
I was out on hunt at a secluded beach and a fellow treasure hunter approached me. We started to talked and I explained I have only been been MDing for about 5 months, he stated he has been doing it for 20 + years. He said to hunt other areas within several miles which I would never have thought about & he also told me to get rid of my back breaker (12" Beach Sand Scoop):O as it would case pain in the lower back the next day. We wished each other well after sharing more stories and we went on our way, being new to MDing I thought I was fully rigged until I later observed him digging almost effortlessly with a tall 4 or 5 ft scoop:detecting:. Pride took over :yo: and I kept at it only to find .70 cents and also a sore back the next day:stretcher:. I decided to fabricate the above scoop with the top part of a pool cleaning pole. It seems like it will hold up for the time being, it's just that I received the 12" Beach Sand Scoop from Kellyco the previous week and did not want to fork out another $100.00 plus dollars for another scoop. Any advice on how to make the shaft stronger would be greatly appreciated.

Spend the money and get a good scoop. It's not worth it to rig something up unless you a machinist or have welding skills. I haven't bought one yet but I plan on spending at least $135 for one if not more, probably more like $200.