Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RHINO TOUGH COILS

I do on all my coils.. It's kinda overkill
for the sniper as it's totally plastic enclosed,
but the stock and 9x12 coils I wouldn't use
without covers.. But thats just me...
It's no requirement, and they work fine as is
in most cases, but I prefer the covers as the
epoxy bottoms of the coils don't get chipped by
rocks, etc..
All my coils stay like new. I do have to remove
the covers every once in a while to clean, but
thats no biggie. Any metallic dust under the coils
can cause falsing, but it's never really been a
problem so far.. Probably cuz I clean my every
once in a while. I bought the sniper coil cover
when I bought the coil, so I wasn't sure if it
needed one or not.. It really doesn't, but I
guess I got double protection.. :)
One reason I like the covers is I often scrub
down pretty low. With the cover, I don't have to
worry about dinging anything. And that lack of
worry may gain me an inch as I scrub down lower than
I would with no covers.
MK

G'day Bill. Longtime, no see. I use the coil cover on the standard coil as it leaves on open view though the coil. however, although I have a coil cover for the large coil, which is my primary coil, I don't use it very often because it adds more weight to the coil and I can't see through it very well. The only time it goes on, is if I'm hunting in rough terrain that chipping it becomes a significant risk. As it stands, after about 160 hours of use with the large coil, I have a couple of small chips out of it. It is used mostly on grass.
Mick Evans.

[quote billm]Hi everyone,
Do you guys use coil covers on your Ace 250?

Thanks Billm[/quote]I quit because they are a pain in the butt to get off and Bill (Uncle Willy) said the coils are tough and don't need them and if it does gets tore up I'll blame it on Bill:rofl:

Don't pay any atention to me, I'm just a feeble old man. Besides I'm careful and don't use my detector for a club. :rofl:

Bill

My ACE 250 stock coil is the only one I have with no cover. The 4.5 coil for it, and all my other machines / coils have the cover.
I thought of taking the ACE 250 stock coil and spraying the bottom with a Line-X material. Like the truck bed spray in liners.
I have loaned the ACE 250 out. When I get it back I think I'll go ahead and spray it as I need to spray a few other things around the house here.