Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rescue of the damsel in distress!!

Micheal_R

Staff member
Arkies

...well, not having the tools nor the knowledge, their car would still be on the side of the road.

To this day, I would not attempt a timing belt (or chain) replacement on the side of the road. I would just have to opt for a professional mechanic. They say that knowledge is power and in the case of mechanic-ing, that would be the case.

On my deal, I lucked out. You, well, you fell back on ole yankee, farm-boy knowledge that you have had for many years.

I really enjoyed this story and admire you for being willing to tackle such a job in field conditions (no light, wet, muggy, high traffic conditons. My hat is off to you, my brother!

aj

all the damsels who have ever been distressed, I curtsy to all the white (and not so white) Knights out there, whose kind deeds have cured their broken steeds. We thank you all, who and where-ever you are. 'Twill be a sad day indeed, when none stop to help fair maidens.
Sheila.

Besides the obvious of being an all-around great guy. Your mechanical knowledge was exceeded only by your good heart in this one Mike. Neither surprises me though. Stories like this one gives us "fathers of daughters" many reasons to smile. Hope it comes back to yours in spades ! Great story Mike. :clapping:

would have been doing a valve job on the side of the road! :D Good Show, Mikie!! I may have stopped, but would not have gone that far..well maybe..guess it would have depended how much of a looker she was! :D

repair a disabled vehicle on location like you did for this lady? I suspect that the lady has never forgotten your act of kindness. I always enjoy stories like this. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

It started out as a fairly easy job [or so I thought it would be], but then it just mushroomed out into a complicated mess!! However, once I committed myself, I felt I had to stay until the end.

fair wunds

Mikie

n/t

or even change the oil on their vehicles. I walked out of the house one morning and saw a neighbor getting reading to call for "road service" to come to his house to change out a flat tire on his pickup truck...he did not know how to lower the spare tire or how to work the jack. I changed the flat tire for him and even after showing him how to do it, he showed no desire to do it himself if he ever gets another flat tire.

Slowly, but surely, I am coming to the conclusion that I may be outdated in this fast paced world of the computers, red buttons, and instant meals. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Not only did you save her job, you saved her many hundreds of $$ too. No way that could be done in todays automobiles.

i had a pinto,and knew it had a timing belt but didn't know you had to take the waterpump off to change it.did know a guy who had an early 80's mustang and he grumbled about changing the belt on it:).

I've been there and done that too and oddly enough that's the same payment I always ask for (parts vary of course). Hopefully there are lots of use white knights in dented armour out there doing the same thing and making the world a little brighter. I sometimes wonder if the rescued keep their end of the bargain. I always hope that they do.

Cheers Mate,

Eric

n/t