Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reposting of Good Deed Done!!

MetalHead Ed

So I had a security issue with one of the pictures so I had Govnor delete my original posting...lets try this again!

I was out hunting with Mike(Virginia Beach) on July 18th which turned out to be a bad weekend. I found a silver ring that night, but what turned out to be my find of the night was a set of dog tags, Tungsten Carbide wedding band and a key. Through one of my friends contact in the armed services I was able to track down the right full owner, PV1 Adam Simons. I gave Adam a call and left a message that I found his tags and other items. Later that night, the amazed Mr. Simons returned my call and verified that the items were infact his by describing the ring and reading off the informaiton on the tags. I arranged to meet Adam today, July 25th at my house in the morning after an exhausting hunt that only turned up a junk earing and five dollars in clad. Mr. Simons was very grascious and thank full of my find and offered me $50 which caught me off guard and had not been discussed prior. Here are acouple of pictures of the event.
Even though I did not get any gold that night, the karma of returning the items and knowing how good Adam felt is a rewading in its self. With Mike(Virginia Beach) and Meandor getting gold on the last hunt(those bastards), I know that I will get some tonight.

Well Done! Again.....A memory like that is well worth it's weight in Gold....Obn

I'll point out on Ed's behalf (because he IS very modest) that he has already gotten gold...he just didn't get any THIS morning. Actually, he's been on fire pretty much. I've never seen anybody pick up a detector and be digging so many deep targets and so many good ones so quickly. Some people are just naturals. Karl (Meander) and I both gave him a "data dump" of everything we could think of to tell him, he practiced for a few minutes on some targets placed on the sand, and it was off to the races.

Well, I WOULD say "That's what it's all about, man..." or something like that, but we know it's really all about the BLING.

But re-uniting owners with their lost stuff and seeing their appreciation is a close second. :laugh:

Well done! :yo:

Too much information? From ME? I resemble that remark! :laugh:

He has achieved much in very short order with the borrowed Quattro and 12.5" coil. That thing is a beach demon...save for that little part about not being waterproof. One false move and it becomes a 28 frequency paperweight. I suspect there will be an Excal in in Ed's future.

I hope you took the $50! :buds: