Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repost- Fishing With Ray

Royal

This story is about the last trip I took into the wilds of Canada with the boys. My companions on this trip were Ray Bennett and a friend of several trips Dave Pryor. Ray was a diving buddy of mine and Dave was an electrician I had worked with for many years. Ray was a heck of a man. He had had heart problems all his life. He died a couple years ago at the age of 55. He had his first valve replacement at the age of 19 and that means they were experimenting on him. He had had two replacements since. That is what finally killed him. He was 5ft 7 and 220 lbs. I always told him if he was 2 inches taller he would be a perfect sphere!! That would always get his dander up. He was a hairy sucker too. Geeesh! Ray was the guy that was running down the shore a cussing me at Lorenze lake! Dave was a feisty sucker. Bad nerves. While we were working together he would take up to 10 valiums a day to keep cool. I didn

somebody running with there britches around their ankles with crap smeared all over them:lol::lol:,very discriptive royal.

He had his first heart operation at the age of 19 and two after that.

He was a tough sucker but lost the fight

he left you with some everlasting memories, for sure! I have never been on one of the planes you described, but I bet they are fun. I understand about peace and quiet! When I am on the lake fishing, whether I am catching anything or not, I am not stressed, therefore this pain I have practically goes away! Sounds like you and your buddies always had a great time getting away from it all.

That's the way I felt while visiting Mikie and Alice. One of the most relaxful few days I have spent in a long time, plus good company equals not stress and just chilling out.

I don't know why he had to take so many valium. My goodness, that would make me comatose! Thanks for sharing this story with us, and I am convinced that any trip with you around is a fun, crazy relaxing time. :)

Dave was one of the most uptight people I ever knew but getting into the north woods seemed to calm him. He is retired and lives in OK last I knew

still good for a :lol: :biggrin:

Nothing better than watching a bud take a beating, all in fun of course ! Man, you are merciless !! I love it.:rofl:

how to get his hackles up and then he would not listen at all :D

n/t

remember this one, but it is SO funny! What a situation Ray got himself in to. Did he stuff the camera in another part of your anatomy?

Thanks for the repost.

Lil Brother:)

He was screaming at me and I was laughing too hard to push the shutter. Probably best though :D