Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reporting for duty General Ray !

Dan-MO

LOL! I just ran across this photo taken this summer.This is a complete Union soldiers enlisted reinactment uniform.Complete down to the hand sewn leather boots and wool socks.I purchased it at an estate sale this past summer and,as you can tell,it is about a size too small for me.I had it on just fooling around and acting silly when my wife snapped this picture.The pants and coat and made of homespun wool-very hot and very rough on the bare skin :huh:! Now I know why the old timers wore long johns all the time!The rifle is a remington rolling block in .50/.70 caliber

[attachment 12514 civil-war1.jpg]

Very nice outfit. Congrats!!!

Calm seas, fair winds

M

n/t

that uniform and rifle. Folks are really starting to get into the re-enactment celebrations for Civil War history events. I suspect that the rifle will pack a strong "kick." Thanks for posting the photo, interesting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and I imagine the soldiers of that time had the same problems with fit!
Nice job!

Dave