Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

replace the rubber grip

K.J.

hi, i need to replace the rubber grip on my t2.
i dunno who built it, but they made it very complicated,unless you want to deal with soldering cables. anyone solved this before?

My original hand grip wore out in about 30 days. The second one lasted a little longer. The Teknetics folks replaced the first for me when the machine locked up from high humidity and I had to send it in. They replaced it the second time when I sent it in to have the coil shaft repaired. Since I'm very hard on hand grips, I have learned to just wrap cloth around the bare handle a few times and cover that with good ol' DUCT TAPE.

It works for me.

Take care, Dave

You can make the grip as thin or thick as you like. I wrapped it over the foam grip on my T2 and it works great. You can find the tape at any sporting goods store.

I'm not sure how it would work for a detector handle, but I wrapped the handle of my digging knife with electrical tape, and then coated it with liquid tape. It dries quick and has made a durable handle that takes a beating. I even pound dirt back into holes with it without any damage.

On my E-Trac and Se as soon as i got the machines I wraped the handle and battery chamber with a plastic bag(to semi moisture proof)and then wraped it with Black duct tape..If i remove it the Detector is Brand New underneath,including the foam grip which will never break down if Not exposed to water and dirt.And since i wraped the plastic 1st,The tape doesnt stick to the Detector in anyway,so it comes off Totally Clean.I also added Zagg to the screen and Keep the Dust cover(i sprayed it with waterproofer) on at all times.When im rdy to upgrade and want to sell it,It will look brand new still.Good Luck..HH