Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Renter's insurance is important...

bltfritz

I just wanted to start off by saying that,
as this holiday season has been the most challenging for me and my girlfriend yet!

I have lived in Green bay for over 2 years, and have ambitiously taken up a hobby in the form of
metal detecting with the ebay purchase of a moderately aged , well equipped dfx (early August), a dx-1 probe (late September), a 4x6 sharp shooter (mid October), and an 18

Hope you folks are getting by, family is a huge help.
I see you are new on the forum and thank you for joining us even though it is a tragic story.
The best to you!
Wayne

n/t

I would especially be heart broken over the loss of my pets. I often wonder why things like this happens to people and really have no answer. I do wish you the best from this point forward in your lives. Kelley (Texas) :)

I lost a good bit of my personal possessions one time, much of which was metal detecting related (my entire treasure chest from 20 years of detecting (in 1991).

I slowly got back into it and hopefully will be in full swing again this coming year. I have owned a bunch of the big-name high-dollar detectors along the way, but have been using only the lowly Garrett Ace 250 for the past three years (and I STILL found about 2 troy ounces of gold this past year! It all comes in stages.

In recovering, alls I can recommend is to keep your priorities in order, set yourself some goals and thank the good Lord you two are safe and seek His guidance each day. On photo replacement, go to friends, family and acquaintences and ask to borrow any photos they may have of you guys and have them reprinted and start a new album.

All cannot be replaced, but as much as you love metal detecting, I know you will begin acquiring another bunch of loot soon. It will all come in due time. Now. Take your girlfriend aside and let her know in no uncertain terms that you are there for her. Then, follow that up in actions rather than mere words.

I really hope to see you post more on the forum. As a matter of fact, Fritz, I hope to see you post a story or three of recovery in the coming days/weeks/months.

This is a good forum with a bunch of good folks that love metal detecting. We have each learned along the way that the true treasure is never in the sand but in the hearts of those you are blessed to meet along the way. We don't have all the answers, but with friends, it makes anything--any trial--easier. Welcome aboard! <><

aj

most of us just read and not post. I think I can speak for most everyone that we feel for your loss. Thank God both of you are safe and you have friends and family to help. Property can be replaced, but pets are like family and it hits close to the heart to lose them. Time heals and little by little you will rebuild your lives. Come back here and post all you want or like most of us, come back and just read....Paul

heck I didn't back when I was baching it.

I am really sorry about your loss but you saved the most important thing, you were no injured. It is bad about your pets as they are like family I am sure but the rest will take care of itself.

I spent a couple summers in Green Bay working at Larsons Cannery back in the early 60's. I had a ball in that city. I did many things I should not have though. :D

I hope the coming year is better for you

lot of good people here that welcome you and will become good friends to you. As far as photos, do like Arkie says and go to relatives. You might be surprised how much you will can replace. The only other thing I can say is I will say a prayer for you and your girlfriend..........not much, but very powerful. Welcome Fritz. Come on back to us! :)

I am sorry to hear of your loss , and hope you and your girl friend recover from this in time I wish I could help you in some way other than my simple words of encouragement and hope at one time I may have had a bit more to offer but given my pending divorce after 16 years and 2 kids I am a bit at my own limit , ...(That and the storage of my few things I had to move out of the house to a 45 foot trailer only to find the trailer leaked under a snow load at the roof patches resulting in water damage to my book collect and tools I have yet to add up the loss and full damage. It breaks my heart to have books worth a hundred to two hounded dollars each now just a soggy sponge, I know this does not even come close to your loss.)
I will add you to my prayer list and hope you recover quickly and in time find some good out of this ill wind ...
Bill G.