Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Remember these, Wayne, Mike, George, Fred, John, Linda, Ron, Orlando, Willy etc, etc, etc?

Royal

[attachment 109134 olddays.jpg]

n/t

Never heard that one used. The rest I had on my own cars like the fender skirts, suicide knob. I still remember the oil bath air cleaners also. Seemed like we spent all our free time working on most of them. At least then they were easy to work on and you could get at everything pretty easy. Now its a guessing game as to where that item is.

We have and old Electroluxe vac cleaner here just like the one pictured. Not sure if it was my parents and Janes but they both had them and they still run. I remember my mother bought a plastic bag like thing that went on the end of the vac hose and she would use it as a hair dryer off the discharge side of the vacuum. Our milk was delivered daily or every other day in glass bottles. I can still here the milk man carrying them around the neighborhood. A lot of people still had Ice Boxes. Today refrigerators but then they were wooden and ice went in them. My grandmother still had hers. Her washer was a glass scrub board, I still have it also. She liked the old ways and was not going to change with out a fight.

I do remember the sound of the perculator and the coffee in the glass top as it bubbled. I always like the smell of it in the AM, still do.

We had linoleum on most of our floors. Seemed like tarpaper material with some kind of painted substance on it. I know it didn't last all that long and ripped easy if you caught the edge of it. We did get a run in the living room, wall to wall then was 9x12 feet.

Good memories from back then. Always busy from sun up to dark and then some. Bike cycle was your transportation if you safe enough money for one, or garbage pick the holding pens for one in the housing projects. Most of mine came from there.

Good post Royal

George-CT

Curbfeelers? Had em! Today i would call you a "Braille Driver" Lot of drivers today could use them!:D

turned the key to ON, but needed to push the gas pedal to the floor to engage the Starter, similar to a floor switch on older Fords.

n/t