Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS:sadwalk:

Yes, the good ole days to which I never want to return! I am looking forward to my new Home in God's glorious Kingdom! Amen! :angel: Ma

gas & cigarettes both at .19 each. Don't think the current wages are similar. Those dust bowl days sure were hard on people. Steve in so la

And I can remember a horse drawn carriage bringing ice blocks for the ice box and doctors that made house calls. Gas was 25 cents per gallon. Often great grand father traded some of his crops for something of equal value from another farmer. One day a man wanted to barter for great grand fathers oats. They talked for a while and great grand father finally said, "If you want top quality oats, you have to pay for top quality oats. On the other hand, if you don't mind them being passed through the horse one time, they're considerably less."

HA,HA, MARTY THAT WAS COOL:cool:
In 1959 in Lubbock,texas. they were having a gas war---you are going to find this to hard to believe.regular gas was 95 octane at .10 cents a gallon and super was 103 octane @ 12 cents a gallon.i was a junior in high school and had to mow yards when I got to the station I would pour a gallon in a clear gallon root-beer bottle container and the super gas was a cherry-purple color:yikes:first time I had a pizza --yuck did not like it:laugh:What a time all the muscle cars were out and CHEV ruled the roost, we had drag races every Friday and Saturday night.

The horse drawn wagon reminds me of when grandpa took mom, Cliff and I to church in our farm wagon....WOW! That was many, many moons ago....all have passed away but me and I'm feeling my old age! :angel: Ma