Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Remember me..??

Ol' Frank

Hey, Good People, I'm ba-a-ack:

Yeah, I got my homebuilt airplane flying, and it flies very well! Now my buddy John Gill and I are starting another (all aluminum) plane, a low-wing, two-place V-tailed "Waiex" that should cruise 170MPH at 8000 feet. That's mostly John's baby but I'll assist whenever possible, because I'm fixing up the house this year-- painting, putting carpets in, etc, mostly because my wife has been giving me threatening stares for the past few years while I was building the Challenger.

John's almost 80 and I'm pushin' 77, but ol' geezers can still have fun, eh? I'll keep in touch more often -- I even forgot my original password! Note on the attached picture that the fancy main wheel pants are removed and larger "training wheel" tires were fitted to make the initial landings softer. No problem: A "good" landing is one you can walk away from, and a "great" landing is one where you can use the airplane again. I've apparently been making great landings so far -- nothing bent yet! However,I can't take a passenger until I fly 40 hours in the FAA assigned experimental test area, which is several hundred square miles.

Regards to all from Ol' Frank in cold & snowy Wheat Ridge, Colorado

That is one beautiful aircraft you built buddy. I would come out for a ride but you told me the weight limits and that bad boy would not get off the ground! :D I have seen pictures of your other efforts, airplanes, kayaks and green houses and I sure the heck am impressed!

You are a talented writer too so don't be a stranger. Old Farts have more memories than the young kids and you amaze me!!

Glad to have you as a friend

n/t