Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic programs or "Cody I need your help!!!"

christian_99

Cody and others, I have been hunting another camp that has been pounded for the past forty years. Many wonderful buttons and relics have come out of this camp. As you can imagine, the iron is everywhere and "thick". I have the Explorer I, and would like to find the deeper signals in this camp. Cody, I know of many months ago, you posted a relic program- or had mentioned it. If you or others could share their sage of wisdom on the forum, I know I would appreciate it. Here are my current settings, I have used Cody's three tone set up, with Gain at 7, IM -16, and Audio 1 or 2. Sensitivity is normally at between 14 to 24. I used the stock coil, but got so lost in false signals that instead of going digging for relics, I was digging for iron.

So my questions for Cody and other experts are...

What are some good settings to get the deeper buttons, and relics without digging false signals and wholes. There is much iron, and to be honest with you I have used other machines in the same camp that do very well with iron and would just like to get the "deep" finds that are still in there. Some of the machines that have been used in this camp are, Nautilus, Whites (all brands), Tesoro's, and literally for forty years the camp has been pounded. The finds are still there, as a few weeks ago I dug a nice cuff button using another brand of machine but would like to unleash the power of the Explorer to pull the deeper finds. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I guess there aren't a lot of relic hunters out there who use the explorer- and possibly Cody is out enjoying the weather and digging- again, any assistance would be appreciated- on the best settings for this type of area.

I feel better if I have a constant threshold at a site where I think there are bound to be ultra deep targets. I cannot get away from my belief that discrimination cost some depth and creates other problems. If I am hunting a site such as this that is full of iron then there is a problem as we all know. I have come to the conclusions that the best way for me to hunt the site is as follows.

Ferrous Sounds

The upper left corner of the display is 31/31 and where the most conductive iron is indicated. That is equated to IM-15 as IM-16 is a clear screen. I have tested iron and most will hit somewhere in the IM-15 to IM-14 areas of the display. The conductivity can hit anywhere in these zones. The upper left corner is stored in the Menu as Nails. I like to use that area of the display with on one or two pixels clear instead of the entire Nails zone. How many pixels depend on how solid I can maintain a threshold which depends on how much iron there is in the site.

Gain 3 or 4
Sensitivity Maximum, Manual and use a very slow sweep speed.
I like Audio1 because I can hear a fluty sound when iron is co-located.
I use the small coil.
Set the Threshold Tone to as low as it will go. I then adjust the detector for three tones as previously posted.

Iron will have a very low soft sound but other targets will sound louder simply because they are a higher tone. I use headphones that have a volume control that adjusts the loudness in clicks.

With this setup I can walk past most iron as it is a soft very low tone almost in the background. ANYTHING that has an iffy sound or has a high tone mixed in is a dig. What I have found is that targets will play a tune so I really don

Cody, I appreciate your detailed responses, with this type of program say if you are using the 8" coil or smaller, how deep are you digging bullets? Do you still get many false signals to where you dig and the target vanishes?