Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

relic mode

petew

Yesterday I had the Etrac in my yard and was in relic mode,ferrous, 4 tones.seemed pretty good.I'm a coinshooter and was wondering if anyone else uses this?I'm new to this machine,so I'm just wondering. Thanks

No, i've never used relic or any other stock Minelab pattern!

In fact i usually use no discrim. pattern at all or sometimes just a little iron discrimination in areas i know deep keepers are hiding among iron.

In hyper trashy park areas i use my own home brewed pattern which basically discriminates aluminum and some iron out and yes unfortunately gold too!
In these hyper pull tab areas, i'd have to dig a thousand pulltabs to find one piece of gold. No fun at all in my book.
Settled on concentrating on old coins and such.

However, out relic hunting or searching an old long gone one room school house homestead site or bean field, its open screen...most all targets there are fair game to dig.

I use the relic mode and TTF 90% of the time and love it ... tried 4TF and didn't like it

I use TTF w/relic mode 80% and fine things that I would not fine using coin mode. Other 20% I use multi tones. One of my best detector , the ETrac !

surfchunker said:
I use the relic mode and TTF 90% of the time and love it ... tried 4TF and didn't like it

I didn't either at first til i found some deep keepers using it.

Usually use it is in heavely dense iron sites.
At sites with little to no iron its multi-conductive.

Ok,I have a question and. I hope it don't sound dumb.the park pattern at the top of this page has things blacked out,I guess discriminated out right.so,my question is,if you run that pattern in ttf does the black part sound like iron and the rest not blacked out sound high toned?because I'm thinking if it's blacked out it wouldn't sound at all,like discriminated out.but maybe in ttf the black part does sound off?I'm confused on this.

if it's black it will null out when you pass over something in that block. In TTF you want to hear all the signals ferrous and conductive

That's what I thought,if it's black it will null when passed over.that's why I couldn't figure out why that park pattern at the top of this page is run in ttf, cause its gonna null where it's black.correct?

the park pattern I believe was designed for multi-conductive........

I use a slightly modified relic mode and TTF most of the time and (I know, I've said this before but) ... use the numbers. If the Fe number is reasonable, pay it no attention if you're getting a consistent peep even of a Co tone. Watch the Co number. If you are hitting a masked target the Co number will jump all around but will regularly hit on or really close to the number of the target (47 or 48 for a quarter for instance) the Fe number does not matter unless it is way off, if it between 8 and 16 (sometimes even more off) ignore it and put all your attention on the Co number... if it keeps flirting with a good number dig it. Heck, dig it anyway unless you are hunting a place full of cut square nails... they will fool most any detector. You can learn to ID most any coin, button, or bullet this way but don't forget that gold can come in anywhere in the Co range and silver dollars can give you odd Fe and Co numbers... a stack of quarters will give weird, way off readings on most detectors. Try swinging over a quarter then add on, two, three, four... you'll be surprised at what happens. When in doubt dig but.. the ET is the BEST machine I have ever used for finding masked targets in "hunted out" places. The Co number will tell you what is there once you learn how it communicates. Particularly on one way hits... that is where it really shines and finds what the others miss.

Julien

petew said:
That's what I thought,if it's black it will null when passed over.that's why I couldn't figure out why that park pattern at the top of this page is run in ttf, cause its gonna null where it's black.correct?

If the area is blacked out, (discriminated), you just won't hear those numbers that fall in that range. In TTF you'll still get low grunts sounds for iron and high tones for non-ferrous targets, but only if they fall outside the discriminate pattern (i.e. the blacked out area).