Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Regarding my story on Lightship Vessel # 1

Ron J

If you read one of the replies, a Rick Gryder, read the story. Rick represents The U.S. Coast Guard Lightship Association. Their Mission is to preserve the history of the era of Lightships,and the Sailors who manned those vessels for over two hundred years, to promote education of this era ,and to memorialize these Sailors. This great group of people have been planning an Annual Reunion to be held on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Obviously they are dedicated to Lightships, most being veterans who had been stationed on the dangerous coast of the U.S.A. both in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Lightships have been around since the 1800's ,as i mentioned before. They were stationed at various shipping channels up and down the Coasts. Boston, Nantucket , New York, Savannah, Oregon, Washington state, etc. Anywhere there was busy shipping lanes, there seemed to be a hidden shoal, or rocks. Similar to Lighthouses, but stationed, where it would not be practical to build one. Lonely duty i would imagine. Due to Rick somehow finding my story, perhaps searching the web, we have been in contact, along with Larry Ryan , current President of the Association, i have been given the once in a lifetime oppertunity to be a Guest at their Reunion on the Cape, in October! I feel extremely Honored, and fortunate i could and can share my Coast Guard interests. I am looking forward to the Dedication of their Exhibition, and being a contributor. I will be taking plenty of pictures, ( have way too many digital camera's and a video to boot :D) so i can share a good storie or two from the men who served and lived on those Vessels. :thumbup:

n/t

n/t

n/t