Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Regarding Fred's "Legend"....

Ron J

There could be some truth in that "TAIL". :crazy: The Yankee Women part could have originated from Salem Mass,which is North of Boston by 25 miles.Salem is well known for its Witch Historia from the 1600's.Ever here of the Salem Witch Trials? Back in then,people were very,very religous,and gullable! Some moron kids,accused a woman of cursing a spell on them,and all hell broke loose.Everyone was accusing everyone else of being a damn Witch,Male an Female.They were given quick trials,and some were hung,some were crushed by lying large stones on them,till they were dead. This is just a touch of the real thing,and the facts are stated by my thinking,but that was just to give a quick explanation. The Witch part is brought up by the fact,or fiction,most Witch drawings etc,are depicted with a CAT,mostly a Black cat, though a tabby is mentioned in the legend. So the Yankee Woman,could have been a Salem Witch,put a curse on the Cat,which was like having herself there,being a pain the arse,to her hubby! So when he decapitated the curst cat,he actually did himself a big favor,and got a quick divorce!!! :rofl: Salem is known for being the Witch City,and ca$h's in on it big time,specially at Halloween!! Years back,then Gov Dukakis,actually declared Laurie Cabot,the STATE WITCH. If you visit Salem right now,i'll guarantee you will see a Witch or two on the streets or in the tourist shops. Vist around Halloween? Better book a room now,cause everywhere will be booked! Halloween weekend,they block off downtown,from traffic.Thousands of people dressed in every possible costumes. As for Yankee women,wellll,i don't need any trouble,but i can tell you this,"they ain't no south'in Belle! They are very very INDEPENDENT, and are not ashamed to show it!! :rofl: RJ

and they always appeared normal looking and were just like other women. The major difference was that they talked faster and had a half british accent. I think that the woman in the legend story just happened to be a Yankee woman, could have just as easily been a North Texas woman.

Thanks for the information concerning witches. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)