Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ref. Relic Hunting Setting X-70

Reconmarine63

Hi folks, I received few requests on my personal setting that use in on X-70 for Relic Hunting. I set threshold low at "10" , with Volume set highest setting. I hunt in All/ Metal 90% on time, With only 2 tones, low for Iron, higher tone all other items. I use Auto Ground balance with Auto Track-On , and auto noise cancel. The most important setting is sen. level which " KEY Factor getting most max depth from the X-70. The type coil you hunt with also is key factor high high Sen. level can be set. I almost run sen. highest level until it false an little, until false , my settings mostly at "25-27" with 10.5 DD and very stable. The 3 KHZ mostly at "25' , and 5X10 Elli cal I use in real "HOT Soil" setting around "20-22" I used almost all patterns settings and the All/Metal is best depth, and super fast recover speed with lots targets together and you can tell you hunting areas by all tones. The pattern 2 loss's depth on small deep items such button, and deep bullets and recover rate is much slower. The 10.5 DD is my favorite coil relic hunting. great ground coverage, super depth second I switch 3 KHZ inch coil once in in good camp with lots nail, iron,, I found many items mixed with nails,. iron that other brands have missed. I wish Minlab would make an 3 KHz 10.5 DD , the depth would be scary!! Hope this post helps any folks whom Relic Hunt, or trying get Max. depth from there X-70 Remember Keep is simple when Relic Hunting, let ears listen to all tones and you will find more Relics. Chuck Acton

I use about the same settings you use, although I am able to run Sens. at 29 - 29 most of the time. Around a cellar hole, I will back off on the Sens. to 22 - 24 and sometimes run Pattern # 1 although I prefer All - Metal to hear everything. I have been itching to try the 5x10 18.75 kHz coil in fields as I have had good luck with the 6" version of that coil. Depth with the 10.5 DD is surprising sometimes. Ron

I have asked Santa for a 3 kHz coil in both the 10.5-inch DD and in the 6-inch DD. Unfortunately, Santa doesn't always listen to me! My settings are similar, with the exception of my running a little higher sensitivity. I imagine that is due to my soil being less mineralized. I was wondering if you were using the 10.5 DD at 7.5 kHz or the 10.5 at 18.75 kHz? I have tried them both at specific sites and prefer the 7.5 kHz for my hunting. You mentioned loss of depth in Pattern mode..... considering the All Metal mode is actually zero discriminate, I can't explain why there would be a loss of depth hunting in a Pattern. I haven't noticed any during my comparisons. You may be right. But I wonder if what you are experiencing is more a symptom of target blanking then actual loss of depth? Regardless, thanks for posting the settings that are working for you. HH Randy

My settings are vey similar to yours. I ralso run the sensitivity as high as I can, sometimes just below the point where the 70 is almost unstable. Takes a little getting used to, but the depth seems to really increase.

I run the same settings as Chuck and also use the 10.5 DD. But I swear I get more depth with 28 tones. Maybe that's not possible, and Randy may correct me, but it sure seems like it to me.

You may be getting more depth with the multiple tones. However, I would have to think it might be due to your hearing those multiple tones "better" as opposed to any changes taking place in the X-70. I spent too many years monitoring 1000 cycle tone on communication networks to be able to hear certain frequencies well. That is the very reason I use 4-tones. What ever works best for you..... just keep doing it! HH Randy

The 10.5 DD 7.5 KHZ i use with I would love have Minlad make an 10.5 DD # KHZ coil it would be great Relic hunting and Deep!! In regards to All. metal Vs Pattern 1 or 2 modes ect. Most Area's in hunt are loaded with tons nail few shallow to deep, and the All metal / with two tones give clear signal and little more depth then Any patterns setting, and with very shaper tones or deeper targets

Hi Chuck,

NIce post. I like the larger DD coils myself. I want to ask you about your threshold setting. I usually run mine at 2 or 3 at the most and can hear it fine. Can you hear yours at that number or do you just like a higher threshold? This may not be important on the 70 but seems to play a big role on the Sovereign.
I set mine just audible on both machines and on the 70 thats 2 or 3 with the 10.5" Hi Freq DD coil.

Thanks,
Neil