Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recently switched back to se pro

petew

I had a etrac for awhile,and I can honestly say I much prefer the explorer.I just prefer the numbers,the screen,and it feels better balanced,at least lighter.The etrac was and is a great machine,but not as good for me as the explorer. I have a love hate thing with fbs,love em when I make that great find,and hate em when I hit iron.But I'll always have one,just a nice smooth machine.

For the numbers and the overall target info i prefer the ET but the Explorer is a great machine and today i had £27.19p on a beach and some old pre decimal coins too.
I will keep using my Explorer for the next year or two .

I just bought a used Explorer XS..... Again. I have a very bad arm and gave up the weight, but I missed it and got another. I figure I will use the XS till my arm hurts or I hit an iron patch then out comes the Racer.

Dave-if you haven't used one the Sunray x-8 works fantastic and really lightens the Explorers up. I've been using the x-12 lately and been having great luck,but that x-8 is a deal of its own,lots of guys including me swear by it in moderate junk. Some just plain old use it everywhere. Some places I go are big and relatively junk free so I like the x-12 to cover ground. I do really like my stock 1050 coil,just a bit heavy but works perfect. I'd like to try a Racer once to see what all the hubbub is about but....I need to learn one at a time,and there is much learning to do with my EX2.
Good luck reacquainting yourselves!

Kevin

I recently just came back to fbs by purchasing a mint SE Pro. The X-8 is my favorite coil that I will use most of the time. It gets amazing depth and well enough separation in trash that I usually don't need anything smaller. It also helps with the weight/ balance.

Hi guys , I have a 6x8 SEF and you guys mention the X-8 . So do you guys think the X-8 is better then the 8x6 ? I also have the X-8 but have not used it yet. I just haven't had the Etrac out in awhile. But will say the 8x6 SEF is a great coil. But now I need to try the X-8

IMO the Sunray X8 hits deeper then the 6X8, and I do have both coils for my E-Trac and plan on keeping both ,as they are solid great coils and you won't go wrong having them ! Best of luck in detecting.

I agree on the 8" Had one with my last Explorer and loved it. A hunting buddy has several XS's and many duplicate coils and will beg him to part with one of his 8" stealth coils. And maybe an X-1 as he has several.