Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent Study Has Brought Me To Tesoro

SeniorSeeker

I'm not 100% sure how I wish to explain my present detector potential acquisition but I've come to the point, as an aging senior citizen, that I needed a good machine that's light and a deep seeker. Frankly I'm just not all that eager to purchase another machine with a digital readout. I think I'd rather learn to hunt by the sounds that each individual target makes before kneeling and digging. After a lengthy search, I've happily landed back at Tesoro with their lifetime warranty. And, as much as I wanted to buy another Vaguero, I've decided to keep my acquisition inexpensive. Thus ...... the Compadre. I've had two occasions to speak with people from Tesoro about the Silver uMax and the Compadre and, after our discussion, I've decided the Compadre is the better of the two when considering the frequency it detects. The Silver uMax is in the 10khz side of the fence but the Compadre is 12khz and therefore much closer to having the capability to finding gold. Both machines, for the most part, described by the Tesoro representative seek about 6" deep but the Compadre being 2khz higher in operating frequency will likely find more gold. The Compadre w/an 8" coil sells for a very reasonable cost @ any number of dealers. I really like the idea of a single knob Turn On & Go machine. The only disadvantage I see between the two machines is that the Compadre doesn't have a sensitivity knob so the ability to run deeper, for potential targets, is a wee bit lessened. All in all the Compadre simply cannot be beat for the dollars invested and especially when considering a lifetime warranty and made in America!

Not sure I would go with their starter model, but I am sure it will serve you well. :detecting:

MIke, I agree with you but I was trying to keep the investment down. My first inclination was to buy the Vaquero because it's such a deep seeker but it's also the better part of $500! The Compadre is less than half the price of the Vaquero. My chat with the people, at Tesoro, was what made up my mind. They clearly told me that it would seek just as deeply as the Silver uMax and likely to find more gold because of the frequency. I'm still a wee bit wanting to pay the extra and buy the Vaquero.

If it fits your needs in :detecting: than I agree with you, for we in our older ages have to go with something lighter and less tiring and a lifetime warranty is great! Good luck and God Bless you to find lots of coins, gold and silver jewelry and misc. and to be able to go :detecting: for a long time without getting sicker! Amen! :angel: Ma

Hey Martin did you talk to Rusty over at Tesoro? He is the one you want to discuss this with. He has helped me out many times with questions and repairs. If you would like his cell number just send me a private message.

Sandtick said:
Hey Martin did you talk to Rusty over at Tesoro? He is the one you want to discuss this with. He has helped me out many times with questions and repairs. If you would like his cell number just send me a private message.

I really don't remember the gentleman's name, that I spoke to, but he was very clear on choosing the Compadre. He did say the Vaquero would go far beyond the Compadre, but it was nearly twice the price also. I'll need to give it more thought before plunking down the checkbook. I owned a Vaquero a long, long time ago and the one thing I remember about it was that I consistently dug 10"-12" holes to find old, old targets. It's an awesome machine.