Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really liking the explorer se

petew

A few night ago I found my first walking half,1946.I can't load a pic here, I can sometimes and now I can't.will try though again.I've owned many machines,really never mastered any,just used them and sold them.and I've never owned the same machine twice,until now.I honestly think this SE is the best,and I wasn't impressed with the e Trac I had.I remember packing the SE pro up to be sold for financing the e Trac,and I was sick,didn't wanna let it go.well,I'm glad it's back,.I have a pro coil and a fbs800, don't like the fbs800. So,I'm going to buy a coil,would anyone suggest a x8? I already have the pro coil so a x12 wouldn't help I think.im a coin hunter in yards ,woods,fields,sports fields,everywhere I can.I like depth,and am thinking about letting 800 coil go and getting a different one,but it's gotta be deep.thanks for any help

Deep, you say,,,,,how about a used WOT coil? It is 15 inches and folks have pretty good old ones for sale.
I have an EXP II and like the 15 inch WOT for coverage and going deep.

I am interested in what others have to say for advice to your new issue!

Good luck with the SE!

Somehow I always end up with the stock coil on the machine. I got back into the hobby this year and bought a new coil but again am still using stock coil. I've had the wot15, detech6 sunray12 & 5 and currently the sef 12x15... Some of the guys really like their sef 6x8 for smaller coil... to each their own. If I were to get a smaller coil again it would prob be sunray 5 for some very polluted ground but thats just me and some soil I know.

The SE is a good one for sure.........I've found a lot of coinage and other goodies with mine...It's good to have a good variety of coils so you can adjust to the type of ground you're hunting.. I have the 13 ultimate, 6" sef, fbs 800, the stock coil and 4.5 x 7 sef coil... My favorite is the 4.5 x 7, it works great in trashy conditions such as iron infested ground.....The fbs 800 has a lot of weight, more than the larger stock coil.....