Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reality Check

Arkie John

Finally, a new story.

Reality Check

I have not advertised it but the other day I realized that I needed to lose some weight after I huffed out of the woods with my 20-pound Double Bull Blind strapped across my back. I was dyin

He was so pleased that he got such a great deal on ebay on a wetsuit. Turns out if was the thinnest [tissue paper thin] suit you could imagine.

Anyway, he did eventually get one and has enjoyed it now for a while .. but sometimes you gotta be careful.

Congrats on the weight loss so far buddy. I expect pictures and a story when the first gold ring surfaces. :):

calm seas

Mikie

A year or so ago, i lost 20 plus lbs, by eating when my stomach said to, not what my eyes saw! Ate alot of rice crispies and wheaties for lunch and supper for a month or two.Add blueberries or strawberries and honey. Still had Fish platters or Pizza on weekends! :D

I'm not laughing at you my friend.........I am laughing WITH you! Believe me I know how hard it is to shed those pounds! Hang in there!

My old wet suit you needed talcum powder to get in it, and 1/4 inch was the order of the day up here. I even used it in the winter when we cut holes in the ice, put a safety line in it and when on to the next hole. Then we all snapped off of it to prowl around a lake in winter.
Salt water in nice and clear in winter, but Jan and Feb, its liquid ice. Even then often it was easier to take it off in the water. Now I guess they have a fabric that climates all the powder. Not sure out there, but here a lot of the salt water dive shops have used wet suits in all sizes. Mostly larger sizes....and these are 3 to 400 dollar suits for 75 bucks on average. Thats where I got my last one for detecting in the water.. Its thinner and works great in summer. By fall the pickings are slim at best in the water so I don't use it. Winter in salt water I use insulated waders and only hunt to my waist....Do a good job for me......fact, If I don't feel like getting wet I where them anyhow.... Sounds like your ready to explore with all the new goodies.... I'm betting you will be impressed with the new found untouched property. Keep us posted.... I know that python feeling. For awhile there I was on a Krispy Kreeme kick, and like you, the suit didn't behave right. It tried to squeeze my entire body into my head. That got me out of that habit. I'm back down to 180 again.

Geo

when i was goldmining i bought an old wetsuit at the thrift store. Figured i would trash it quick on the rocks and did not want to spend much money. It was a itty bit small and good thing i tried it at home, same performance pretty much........:blush:
Heck ya gotta be able to laugh at yerself:thumbup::clapping:

thats why i've only had one pair of western boots in my life.the best way to measure weight loss is by how your clothes start fitting,stay off them scales.funny story john.

Go to the pharmacy or health food store and buy a good intestinal cleanse. It will take about 10 days but you'll drop 20 lbs. and a pant size. The plumbing gets full of undigested food, especially refined food that lines your piping. You need something to clean that out which will shrink the size of your midrift and make you feel more energetic as well. Expect to feel a little bogged down for the first 3 days but then better after that.
You are looking for the following ingredients: psyllium hulls, cascara sagrada and slippery elm bark, there will be other ingredients but those are the key ones.

Cheers,

Eric

alot of fluids,don't know why,just do and it keeps me cleaned out pretty good.i drink way over 64 ounces a day by a long shot.i guess a fast of a day or two would help too.:).

I will NEVER get a wet suit or dry suit with a rear zipper. Never! One thing you ought to think about is to run the thing through the dryer before you try it on too. A dryer will warm it up and soften it. Before I try to get my suit on every spring I run it through the washer and then the dryer. If I am diving in cool weather and away from home, like on a diving trip with buddies, I usually head for a landrimat at lunch and wash and dry the thing. Takes out the stank from warm water springs and soften it up a bit.

Again, I would NEVER get a rear zipper wetsuit. I don't care how dang long the thingie hooked to the zipper is. If you are alone and I usually am, that dang zipper thingie will break. I have been there and dun that.

Funny story Arkie

You want to lose weight? Get a gall bladder removed. I am down to 237 from a high of 255 and dropping. Mebby I will be able to get my fat ass in my wetsuit this spring. Or should I say summer?:surprised:

We gotta laugh at ourselves once in a while you know. I am still losing, little by little...and I am still shopping for a good wetsuit.

I might just have to let go of the bucks and buy me a a good suit from the dive shop. Still not in the water yet but will get there in the right time, I reckon.

Thanks everyone, for reading and posting. Later.

aj