Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RE:that "war"over on Facebook........

warthog

Thank you all for your input.......Truth is,really the only one that ruffled my feathers was a family member,whose"Know it all"attitude has always led him to espouse his intimate knowledge on any given subject under the sun,including Christianity,which he has no part of.......Persecution for one's stand is nothing new,and it just makes me more determined to not waver,especially in light of a grandmother stating there"WE HAVE FOUGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO HAVE ABORTIONS,SO LIVE WITH IT"..........Tell that one to the Lord on the last day.......Believe it or not,I used to be one of them who was quiet,holding his opinions to himself.As you can probly guess,LOOOOONG AGO!!!..........

We know, wgsteve, and you have come a loooooong way in the Lord, so praise His holy name, Jesus! Keep up the faith and good work but in our dear Savior's agape love! Amen! :angel: Ma

I'd like to say something that not all of you may like or agree with. This is what I have experienced, I have lived and witnessed it, you may have also. Matter of fact, my family has been fractured severely because of the mismanagement of a religion and unbelievers.

First of all, taking away the life of an unborn, is wrong to the nth degree...not our right, not our place, that's it,.... I don't care who says otherwise, they are dead wrong. That statement is from my heart and my mind. Even though it says in the Bible, I didn't mention that it says murder is a sin. Using the Good Word to back you up, doesn't fly with most people nowadays.

There are certain ways to talk to people so they will listen to you and not turn a deaf ear. If you talk to them as though you are reciting from the Bible, they may reject what you say no matter what. Many will think the old 'you' is gone and you have turned into a walking talking Book. They feel it's not coming from you, it's coming from something they do not believe in.

They put zero stock in what you say, if you quote Scriptures. If they are like minded, and have same faith, a good conversation will take place, usually.

If it's possible to talk parallel with the Bible and make it sound like it's YOUR true feelings, (even though they really are) you may get your point across and they may listen. For many people, once they hear Bible speak, you've lost them.....brick wall, you're a loon.

I don't want to offend and I'm not trying to change anyone on this Christian forum, not my intent. I wanted to shine another light and maybe it will help you to reach someones heart.....possibly, they'll come around to the proper way of thinking about the true right and wrong.....not today's modern right and wrong. Or,,,, you may think that I am just a 'loon'.

that if one relates the subject to something you have personally gone through then they will listen & consider. I have had an "irregular" life so have lots of past wrongs to relate. That's probably why I fit into the many years I worked at the Gospel Rescue Mission. Truth in one's life related is sometimes more effective - Steve in so la

Steve O....I don't think you are a loon....I believe we should speak up in God's love to the truth and not be apathetic about our Christian faith in what is right and what is wrong! I can't speak the scriptures too well as my memory is getting bad, although I know the gist of what much of it says that has been written by God's Holy Spirit to His prophets of old! My standing up to my faith has a lot to God's Holy Spirit leading me to the right time and in the right words to witness to those to whom God is trying to reach through prayer and what His Word says! We can really help them when we have gone through the same things in the past that they are going through now, like Steve in So Az posted, so I think God leads us to those who need help and guidance, especially those who are seeking the truth and God knows who they are and either sends them to where they need to hear the Word they need or sends the one(s) who can and will help them to find Jesus as their Savior and to know Him, personally! Those who have an evil or angry spirit we can and will know by God's Spirit within His servants and do not speak when the timing isn't right! I don't know what is going on at FB but to stand up to what is truth is what wgsteve is doing....and I hope many are listening or reading what he says to turn their lives around to the absolute truth of God and Jesus, Who is the Living Word! I don't force my faith on anyone and Christianity is not a religion, as it is a true salvation by the grace of God in Jesus' name! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thanks for your in-put Ma.