Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re Tab Photos here we go

holey dollar

Guys
Thanks for all the input on the shell i posted, what i will do is call later in the week have a chat with the local Gunsmith, he is very interested in old bullets etc.
Interesting thing is the site were the round was found was Bilgoman Convict depot site, 20 Min's up the road is Ronans well site 15km from the town of York West Australia, discovered in 1830 by Gov Stirling,hope ive not sent you guys to sleep yet, anyway a huge variety of old 12 Gauge shot shells, Rimfire Cartridges/ some quiet large Rimfire rounds/ Webley & Scott revolver Cartridges turn up at Ronans Well, So my point is this i reckon Ronans well site had the local Army to guard the convicts/ or Police guards were there over a much longer time frame. At both sites Travelers would stop off for water on there way to York, i can tie in Police/Army At the sites but little else, from the Travelers who used the road, and a huge amount of travelers used both sites etc.I may not be looking in the right places, spent a lot of time at both sites,

Many Thanks Guys
Dave/Holey Dollar