Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RE: SEARCHING FOR METEORITES

XE1UFO

Dear Friends:

I am awed by the possibility of finding a meteorite with one of my :garrett: detectors. How about one of you people who have had the experience give us some ideas? Where does a person look? What might they look like? How do you set up your detector? Maybe this might be a topic for Mr. Garret's :garrett: new TV show!

Thanks in advance!

Is in areas where they are known to exist. Do some research. But they have virtually fallen everywhere around the globe. The easiest place where you live is to go to a farmer and ask if you can detect his rock pile. Chances are, if one/several had fallen on his land, he could have already picked it up for you. I have tested my meteorite sample against the ACE 250, the Master Hunter CX, the GTI 2500, the Infinium and the Garrett Scorpion. Guess what? The Scorpion came in first for both depth and sensitivity towards it. Second place was the ACE 250, third was the Master hunter CX and last was the GTI 2500. These were just air tests, and were tested in either true all metal setting or zero discriminate motion.

I have had problems detecting my sample meteorite. It seems that my machines with manual GB do much better than the auto tracking models. Of the machines I have, the Tiger Shark comes in first, the ancient Master Hunter 5 second, and my 1350 won't touch it.... HH Joe