Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RE: MY YELLER FELLER HAS ARRIVED!

XE1UFO

After anxiously waiting for the promised Friday delivery, my Garrett Ace 250 arrived at 8:31 a.m. this morning! I am so excited! :hot::jump:

Plus, I should be a multi-millionaire by Saturday! :twodetecting::garrett:

Wow! I was used to my 1970's vintage Garrett Money Hunter TR. The Yeller Feller sure is a tiny feller! Weighs next to nothing! This is going to be awesome.

So Hopefully in a short time I will be posting my first incredible finds.

The dealer kindly threw in the :garrett: excavation kit with the detector. I was sure surprised to see the extremely sharp point on the screwdriver-looking :garrett: pin-pointer! Would you guys suggest I round it down on a grinder, to keep from hurting coins and jewelry?

Maybe less of a point would be better. When you use it slow and easy till you feel the object in the ground. :garrett:

Interesting Avatar... :(

:thumbup:Yea good luck on your finds!!!

I just changed my Avatar. We must have both gotten the monkey one from the same place! Be happy!

your gonna love what that 250 does. hunted for 2 hours today in a very hunted park and found about 5 bucks goofing off.

Wow! Enough to buy 5 quarts of gas to get you somewhere else to metal detect! :clapping:

Digger up

I was depressed to see the very poor quality :thumbdown: of the little :garrett: plastic digger. :ranting: It lasted me about 30 minutes, and the tip busted. Anyway, my :garrett: dealer threw the :garrett: Excavation Pack in for free.

My first search was in my own back yard, trying to get used to the Ace 250. I managed to get a trillion signals, but only found a nail and a bottle cap. I have already contacted my dealer to order the sniper coil.

I am still trying to get used to the pinpointing. This Saturday, good Lord willing and the creek don't rize, I will be doing a search on a friend's property where a famous outlaw used to have his main camp. When they built their buildings, the construction workers found several old coins and to old guns, probably vintage 1910.

It sounds like yo ujust need to turn the sensitevity down. Just keep lowering it until you don't get beeps all over the place.

They all try to hook you by throwing in the cheap junk. The sniper was a good move. Buy a good digger and pin pointer and you will be all set.