Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RE: GTP1350 COIL SELECTION FOR CACHE/RELIC HUNTING

XE1UFO

Dear Friends,

Sorry, I am confused. (What did you say my name was again?:nerd:) I am trying to figure out the best choice for a cache and relic hunting coil for my :garrett:GTP1350. I see different sizes and specs. I see:

--10 X 14

i can't help you on that choice, but i too have a 1350 and have been wondering if any other coils would get any better performance......Mike

What are the soil conditions like? Lots of mineralization? DD coils will get you more depth in mineralizes soil......

There is quite a bit of mineralization in some of these areas, and also hot rocks.

I would suggest the large 10 x 14 DD proformance coil. I have one for my GTP 1350 too, and have done well on beaches with it. It will also cover a greater area for you too. It is sensitive to bottle caps, which in your case works in your favor.

Below is a link on searchcoils which you might be interested in.....

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/techsheets/searchcoil.pdf

I agree with John. I have the 1350 and the 10 X 14 DD coil. True the 10 X 14 doesn't image, but neither does the 1350, so who cares. The 1350 GTProfiles, not images, and the 10 X 14DD also profiles so you will not loose the sizing feature of the machine. HH Joe

All the coils work with profiling because like imaging it doesn't require an extra winding in the coil. Either of the big coils would serve your purpose. I have a field test on the 10x14 DD at losttreasure.com

You would only need this coil if you were hunting in highly mineralized ground. It does however offer more ground coverage per sweep as it detects from end to end and detects as deep at either end as it does anywhere else. Due to the configuration of this coil it only detects side to side and pinpoints off either tip of the coil. It may not matter for the type of hunting you described but the DD coil doesn't discriminate nearly as well as a VLF and loves bottlecaps.

Bill