Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Raymond

pennywt

For those of you who don't know; Oklahoma gets little snow in winter, for the most part and what we do get, doesn't stay long.
In my tenth year, during the Christmas vacation, we had a great snow of about twelve inches, that lasted for two days.
Already bored with nothing besides chores to do, I had an idea.
Going to an old shed, I found a pair of water skis, that someone had left. Then, I went down to "borrow" my uncle's genuine US Army parachute, with lines still attached, that he used to cover his haystack.
I was getting ready for my great adventure, when my cousin Raymond showed up, wanting to know what I was doing. Raymond was two years older than me, and was always taking over my games and toys.
After I explained, he thought it such a good idea that he should go first.
Going to the crest of a long hill, on the deserted icy highway,he slipped his boots into the ski bindings and tied the various lines to his belt. At his command, I threw the wadded up parachute as high as I could into the wind.......Raymond disappeared. Had it not been for those tracks and that bloodcurdling scream; you'd have never known he was there.
I ran to the lee side of the hill and saw Raymond crossing the bridge at Skull Creek, a half mile away. I thought that he was dancing, but found out later that he was trying to cut the lines with his knife.
Now, that road ran straight as an arrow for about three miles, then doglegged to the right. Following his tracks, I saw where Raymond had caught a crosswind at the bottom of a small hill, bouncing over the drainage ditch, through an old wooden fence and into a farmer's yard.
As I ran into the yard, the farmer came to the door and I asked if he'd seen Raymond. He allowed that he didn't know a Raymond, but if I meant that crazy person who came through chasing that big sheet, then, yup. He'd seen him.
I found Raymond hung up on a fence. The chute was in ribbons and one ski had broke. He said had it not been for that barbed wire, he'd be havin dinner in Nebraska.
Yuh know. Even now, thinking back on it; As long as Raymond was around, I never did have much fun. : )

be a Raymond around. He is lucky he didn't kill himself!

Thanks for the laugh. That poor sucker. Is Raymond still alive?

n/t

n/t

Sounds like it belongs in Reader's Digest. "Raymond disappeard." I just cracked UP. Thanks for the belly laugh.

Let's hear some more! <><

aj

n/t

story! Ive been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and am playing catch up. In your other stories I notice Raymond is in them too. Are you two still close?

Keep em comin'

Lil Brother:)

n/t