Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rattle snake at ..well in my coil!

helmsdeep

Hope this is ok to post. I am the worst detectorist in my state. Never seem to get the sounds right. Last year while out in old wooded area I was going along a wall when I heard another strange sound from my darn detector. This sound was like a handful of marbles being shaken in a mans hand. I am so stupid I actually thought it was a possible signal!

In a fraction of a second my eyes caught sight of the big, fat coiled rattle snake. About 10 inch in front of my coil. I jumped up and back and the snake struck. His head came right through my coil about 3 inches! He recoiled but that was the last I saw of him as I set a new Olympic record for 50 meters with a detector in hand. My buddies have the snake listed as my best FIND in the last two years. True story.:rant:

Heck yes you can post it here!! Welcome to the friendliest site on the web. You could not possibly be the worse detectorist in the world! You have never seen Sunny with a detector:rofl:

I will tell you what! That would have scared the crap out of ME!!!

Stick around and share more story's

This was a short one but a good one.

n/t

Thanks! I left the part out where I got back to my car, I WAS really shook up. I just kept thinking... I knew that sound, where was my head. I think I was in that auto pilot mode, on a hot day, just flowing along.

says about me. He failed to mention that when I was with him and Mikey in Canada, that I had never had a detector in my hand in my life! It is still difficult for me to hear the tone differences. I have fun with them, but am not a dectorist nut. However, I am ordering me a Garrett Detector today, because my brothers are driving me crazy, plus Arkie probably wants his back.

I am afraid on rattlesnake is all it would take for to pee my pants, and become a "non dectorist"! :lol:

Come on back and tell us some more stories, whether dectector or not. You have found a really wonderful story forum, with great friends that care!

Thanks for sharing your story! :)

solid coils over those that are open,or the spider type.sorry about that,didn't mean to bring up another biting critter:).

But I would've needed a diaper change after my record sprint. I think I'd get along with your buddies !:lol:

n/t

n/t

Has a target ID for rattlers! Can't say I blame you for the quick exit either! Welcome and please post another.

Eastern Ky we have the Timber Rattler but the one you have to watch fer is the Copperhead. He's the quite one and will stand his ground. He loves to hang out around old rock foundations etc. If you don't keep a sharp eye while detecting old home sites he'll have you before you see him. They don't run either.
God Bless
HH
KY Bud

I run from all snakes! Even itty bitty green ones! Just something about them that give me the willies!:)

n/t

Hey, thanks again all. I kind of always have one earphone off now. When I think about it this rattler was giving me plenty of loud warning. But I was day dreaming and listening to him and it was not registering. Take care all and stay safe!:goodnight:

n/t