Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ratphones

I've had my set about 16 months now and they work great with the MXT. Rick and I got the limiter adjusted to me. I added a switch so I can run the phones without the limiter if I want to. Rob

So you got the limiter. I,d like to hear one before I buy it. The other top brand I bought was not acceptable AT ALLL on the MXT!!!!! Couldn't get a refund either. Like I said NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL !!!!!

Mike L

Why was it not exceptable? Rob

When I fliped the switch the volume went down and the harmonics went away as well. That was then, it may be different now. I can turn the volume down on my Koss TD-80 phones so it is acceptable on the MXT and it still had great harmonics but they are made for sterio's and tend to fall off your head in the field and make my ears sore after a while.

Phones are so personal, we all hear differently. I chose one volume control and it works for me. Many people want one for each ear. Rick worked with me. I thought the first limiter was to quiet but he had set mine lower because the last MXT user felt that was the way they should be. I set my limiter louder.

To me the problem with turning down your phones is you are lowering the volume of the loud and quiet signals. I feel with the limiter I don't lose anything on the low end of the scale. No one can say what is best for you. Rob

Absolutely the most comfortable I have ever used. I did have the limiter installed and it appears to be a good investment as my eardrums have been blasted in the past. When they sound off the tone is crisp but a softer sound than others. One thing I did find that I don't care for is that while hunting in the woods i like to pull one cup back so I can hear sounds such as a dog or someone approaching. When I did this with the rat-phones I could not detect because the noises from my coil through the leafs and small branches seemed to be amplified through the headphones, almost like an echo. I never had that problem with my el cheap o's. Hopefully they will come out with a single side cup for woods hunting. If they do, I will have them. Could be coincidence but I have also been digging many more deep holes than I used to because I am getting more tones with no VDI, ie: targets to deep for the MXT to put a tag on it other than to let you know something is there. Bottom line, I am a believer, and will be using these a very long time.

Yes the rats are great but I like to wear a hat. I went to my local RaRadio Shack and they fixed me up with a single ear bud with a control volume for under $20. Don't know what kind of gain they have, but they work and sound fine to me on my MXT.

Rob,
We got it just right, thanks to all the feedback in the past and experimenting for a while on an MXT myself.
Our limiter will not distort like other typical circuits and it will not affect those quiet signal at all.
Let me ask you though, have you found a need to ever shut the limiter off?
Rick

No haven't found a need to shut it off. Rob