Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rat Phones with Minelab Filter

D Wes

Testing my new Rat phones with the Minelab filter installed with a switch to turn off or on, Highly recommend the switch. First off the filter does what it suppose to do and does it well by increasing the tones to a higher pitch making it easier to hear the weak signals and it increases the volume as well. With out the filter on it has a muffled sound not real bright or crisp but with it on it sounds more open and precise.
The negative side of the filter is it has a tin can sound to it not a cheap sound but unlike any thing I have every heard. It takes some getting use to and after checking it with different signals in the field I have to admit it does very well on deeply buried nickels and lower tones and has gotten me a couple more good finds that I would of passed on if not trying it. Thats why I highly recommend spending the extra 6 dollars to get the switch installed. It takes time to get use to it and some may not even prefer it. The bottom line is it works very well and I plan on using it all the time now, it grows on you and really makes a difference.
D Wes.:minelab: