Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rare 2 piece crotal bell

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Poking around an old home site last night and found these matching parts about 50 feet apart. I have found lots of broken crotal bells but never matches.
TID 18 19
6 inch coil
fld 2
recovery 6
iron 4
The iron was hot and thick

I'm like you, Jeff.......found lot's of broken ones, but never found all the pieces to make a whole one! I already knew what a thorough hunter you are, so your finding both parts doesn't surprise me!

Nice going, Buddy!

Iowa Dale

ALL crotal bells are “two piece” Jeff...the bell and the ball inside...:)
I have found 3 bells...two Number 1 and 1 Number 2....and they are all complete and have the ringers. Regardless of condition, they are a VERY cool find.

Nice find Jeff I’ve found one whole in a field surprisingly I have not found anymore.
Mark

I have yet to advance to the point of finding a crotal bell. It is on my list.

Cool find...I’ve found a handful of those older ones like you have posted and also found about a dozen later ones that that don’t have any design stamped on them, the dozen were all found in the same field...

bootyhoundpa said:
Cool find...I’ve found a handful of those older ones like you have posted and also found about a dozen later ones that that don’t have any design stamped on them, the dozen were all found in the same field...
They come in all different shapes sizes and composition but I have found only one Nickle one.
HH Jeff

Nice job Buddy.