Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Random Pictures from my deck

Royal

This isn't a story but I was setting in my chair on my deck and just took these pictures because I thought the subjects were neat. Nice way to spend a few minutes'

Flowers.jpg

Hummer1.jpg

Hummer2.jpg

Yellow-spider.jpg

fly.jpg

fly2.jpg

tanninger.jpg

wasp.jpg

wasp2.jpg

wasp3.jpg

wasp4.jpg

n/t

about a foot from where I set and there is a steady stream of them coming in. If you want a bunch of hummers it helps to have a bunch of feeders. My neighbor was over last year and he was stunned by how many we have. I asked him how many feeders he has and he said one. I have 10 out. They fight so dang much that if you only have one they will just go somewhere else. I went through over 14 gallons of nectar last year, of course the Oriels eat it too but they are not around in the middle of the summer.

I don't know how much I have made this year but it is running about the same. I just made another 4 liters today

n/t

Your flower pictures are perfect...wish mine looked that good. Reflecting back, I think that my problem could be taking pictures of the wrong type of flowers. Also, your bug pictures are great too! Your bug pictures always make the bugs appear so alive and colorful...the bugs in my pictures always appear lifeless and dull looking. Again, great pictures...thanks for posting them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I water my plants within a month of taking the picture and I photoshop out the staple I use to hold them in one place. Tricks of the trade:thumbup:

I see the humming birds are still up there. Same here. I sure enjoy watching them do their aerobatics. Don't think we have as many this year as we did last year, but still plenty coming in from dawn to dusk. First ones out and last ones to leave the feeders.

Nice looking yard there. Thanks for pictures.

Just came in on the bike and had to put a jacket on tonight. A little cooler than normal for this time of year. We have a club ride tomorrow night again, dress for the ride home in the dark late as we have a meeting later that night. Only a 35 minute ride but its all hilly, twisty back roads with lots of deer testing your reflexes.

Geo-CT

resort to outside aids like bug spray and a fly swatter to get the bugs to stay still while I took their picture. Unfortunately, they sorta died while all of this transpired, so I used the straight pin and scotch tape to fasten them to the grass and sticks that I used as a back drop. If I had known how to use the Photo Shop computer program, I could have erased the pin and scotch tape and no one would have ever known that the bugs were dead...well, the wasp laying on it's back with it's feet up in the air is the only one that your folks would have known was dead.

In regards to the flowers...something was wrong with those flowers from the start go. They were on sale at the grocery store which means that they were probably old flowers, old inventory. I put them out in the sun and watered them every few weeks, but they just never got better...if anything, they got worst for some reason. They were in fairly good condition when I took the pictures of them, but my camera is not a very good one that would show them in their best light. Thank goodness that I took the pictures when the flowers were in their prime because a few weeks later they turned brown and died. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)