Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Random Blank Screen on MXT

MikeMXT

Yesterday my screen went blank twice. Actually the second time there was a few lines that froze on the screen. I wasn't doing anything different, it just went blank. I shut the machine off both times and then turned it back on and it was fine. Battery power is at 10. Anybody experienced this? The MXT is only about 9 months old. It was cold out (Cold for Texas), about 35 degrees but it wasn't raining. Any ideas?

Mike,

My MXT has done the something in very cold weather I am sure it was the cold weather it's never happen to me again..I am in Arlington,Tx ...

Morris

Had the same thing happen a few times but just briefly. Temp was about 24 degrees and a wind chill. Screen came back after only a moment and worked fine. Did not shut off unit.

Mike, chances are you will end up having that happen again. I had to return my unit TWICE to have Whites fix it from a blank screen. Apparently, there was an issue with with a loose connection in the display. Whites was great about fixing in and returned it quickly. If it happens again, send it in.

How long have you all had your machines?
Are they new or did you buy them used.
I have had my machine for about 6 months and nothing
like that has happened to me .....yet.

Robert R

Have owned mine new since September. I find it a very minor quirk and am not concerned. I'm very pleased with the machine.:)

I bought my machines new. They are about two years old. The one has never had it happen the other has had it happen twice and needed to be sent in both times. If you check older posts you will find it has happened to quite a few posters.