Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rainy night here in CT. Found these pictures

George-CT

on my hard drive. I didn't take these but I will get up there and do some. This is some of what they do with all the rocks around here. This is about 30 minutes from me on the Connecticut River in Hadlyme. I worked about 10 minutes from here as the crow flys building a Nuke Plant back in the mid 1960's called Conn. Yankee. We would go here often on rain days. Good fishing close to it for CT River Shad. anyhow, this castle was built for William Gillette. You would more than likely remember him as Sherlock Holmes. It was on the highest hill in the area and has a commanding view of the CT river. They had called it his idiosyncratic dream home, which he designed himself, down to the smallest detail. The inside of it is really beautiful and I will get there and get pictures of it for you when the weather breaks.
Often at Christmas time they have a beautiful display inside. Really impressive. It is sitting on 122 acres that are now owned by the State of Connecticut as a state park. At one time he had a large size train that ran around the property and along the river front on the ledges that overlook it. He had wooden trestle's and it was really a site to see. There is a room in it and supposed to be where he wrote many of the adventures of Sherlock Holmes. My 3 daughters always liked to go there in the fall.

George-CT

n/t

n/t

n/t