Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain Jacket for Vaquero

jnstrom

I live in WA and lets just say it rains and rains 3 years ago it rained for over 100 days straight. Anyway the Tesoro website has rain jackets small and large but they do not say which the Vaquero needs (Im assuming the large). Do any of you know? I want to keep my new baby dry and happy!!!

I just called Tesoro up.The SMALL rain jacket fits the Vaquero..I need to get one ,so thanks for asking the question, now we both know, cordially NAD

Thanks!!! I was waiting for an email from them and I assumed wrong. We all know what happens when one assumes.:blink:

Yes, when one assumes....There isn't a stinking coin to be found at any of the old houses you expected to be gold mines. PS, I had sent Tesoro an e mail about buying a 5.75 inch coil with a seven foot lead on it.(For stream hunting).Also asked if the Silver I was going to tie it to, would need to be reset at the factory..No reply yet...maybe a week, 2 days tops??? I don't remember, but, there was a sale that evaporated ..It is getting too darn cold for a 70 year old maniac to be wading in a stream..So, regarding e mails, the phone is quicker..And, the wood stove is a lot more comfortable.. Cordially NAD

I have in a pinch wrapped detector housings with plastic wrap (push button control) and even used a plastic bag (reach under for knob adjustment) such as the type on the rolls at the meat department. I got caught in a good downpour but the detector survived getting back to the truck as I whipped out a bag from my vest.
I don't normally do this but have in the past because I couldn't help myself - hey it worked in a pinch.

I got me one of them rainjackets. But I ain't never used it.

Can't remember to put it with my stuff.

I have used small plastic bags in a pinch though.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog

One of the best rain covers out there was pointed out to me by my wife. Go to any Dollar store and pick up a pack or two of ladies rain bonnets, they have a little visor and tie ends that will enclose and wrap any detector. while still being able to see, and use your controls., When your done you can toss them, they come with 4 or 5 per pack for $1.

I make one out of bubble wrap and duct tape. Its functional, if not stylish - however, it makes you and your detector less appealing to thieves when it looks like bubble wrap and duct tape.

Talk about rain, it rained all but 3 days in July here in upstate New York. Never seen a summer this wet. I have used the Tesoro rain/environmental covers and didn't care for them, the plastic that covers the display part of the detector seems to pucker out. Probably if you look really hard you might be able to find one of the covers I posted a picture of. It works for me :thumbup:. Steve.