Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain Covers For Vision

The screen cover from a dfx is too small but the other cover is the same. The closest fit i found to protect the screen was the one from the M6 it works for now but doesnt fit properly, its a little short not quite covering all the key pad.

Can someone post the measurements of the screen and battery box so i can see if one can be made please, I see the link that someone had posted got deleted but i emailed the company that makes them and they have not been shipped yet to england where the covers are made.

Thanks.

In all honesty, the display pod is water resistant and really does not need a raincoat. The two halves have a rubber gasket, the screen is protected with the screen protector and the selection buttons are sealed. The trigger is on the bottom where light rain won't hurt it.

Larry (IL) said:
In all honesty, the display pod is water resistant and really does not need a raincoat. The two halves have a rubber gasket, the screen is protected with the screen protector and the selection buttons are sealed. The trigger is on the bottom where light rain won't hurt it.

I guess all you have to consider is how getting the electronics inside wet would affect your warranty. Water resistant is not water proof, and the toggle switch is not sealed.

A small garbage bag in your back pocket would be a good idea to cover up the battery box and control head in one shot if you got caught in the rain. Otherwise you shouldn't even need a rain cover, I think it would be miserable actually hunting in the rain... yuck.

Brett said:
Larry (IL) said:

I guess all you have to consider is how getting the electronics inside wet would affect your warranty. Water resistant is not water proof, and the toggle switch is not sealed.

A small garbage bag in your back pocket would be a good idea to cover up the battery box and control head in one shot if you got caught in the rain. Otherwise you shouldn't even need a rain cover, I think it would be miserable actually hunting in the rain... yuck.

I don't think wanting a rain cover is really the issue, but protecting ones investment in a high dollar machine would be reason enough for me to want a rain cover for both the box and display. Just my 2cents.

HH
DJH

I have bought my covers from a small company specializing in these stuff.

And they are the very best i have seen, i sure hope they will make for the vision too.

Dont know if I can post a link, youll get them on ebay.uk Mod please advice..

Sniffer said he didnt like his cover, anyone else use that UK company before?

Also i like having a cover on mine for the random bush,tree or branch etc hiting,scratching or brushing up on the screen or housing.