Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain and Dust Cover

BigErn

So I lost the rain and dust cover for my Vaquero. No big deal since I thought it wasn't that great anyway. Besides a plastic bag, does anybody know of a good alternative? Thanks!

BigErn it would be hard to beat the factory rain cover because of the way it is made.Because you can reach under the plastic cover to turn the knobs.If i did not have a rain cover i would put a piece of tape over speaker hole and go with that.With the speaker hole covered the detector housing would be a little water and dirt resistant.It would be hard to fix anything like the factory rain cover i think.The factory rain covers are a good investment,i have gone hunting in the early morning dew or after a light rain and forgot mine and it is hard to get around wet bushes.Just for experiment purposes i took the foam hand grip off of the Vaquero and replaced it with a plastic hand grip,now the hand grip will not hold water or dirt like the foam does.

BigErn take a look at THESAURUS box cover's Uk seller ...you'll find'em on ebay ..I use'em on my Tejon and they are absolutely top quality and reasonable price they makem to suit all Tesoro's
173030481_o.jpg

102817574_o.jpg

HA! I ironically found my dust cover today, still not a fan though...Thanks TB, that is exactly what I am lookin for!

Trueblue, that looks like a winner on the Tejon. I wondered if anyone made a battery compartment cover for it. Had a bad experience a few years ago with water getting in the battery comp on a 1266X . The contacts rusted within a couple hours after being wet, and were hard to clean. Very important to keep water out of battery compartments on any detector.

Actually that same company shows a cover for the battery compartment on the Tejon. I cant find them on ebay and they dont ship to US?

I make them out of bubble wrap and duct tape. I cut the bubble wrap in sections/panels, tailoring them to fit the detector. Then I cover these bubble wrap "insides" with camouflage duct tape.
I attache the whole thing with a combination of self-stick Velcro and a few strategically placed strips of duct tape.

Yeah, it aint fancy, but it doesn't look to shabby. And it does the desired job at super low cost.

I don't hunt in the rain if I can help it. But, if I'm caught short when hunting, I use a plastic bowl cover with elastic around the edges. They're avalable in several sizes at most grocery stores and work just fine for short exposures.
HH
BB

BigErn said:
Actually that same company shows a cover for the battery compartment on the Tejon. I cant find them on ebay and they dont ship to US?

Heres the link to them on Ebay BigErn ebay link, I just search Tesoro Cover in Electronics and select world wide.. yeah they ship WorldWide , Im in Australia and I purchased there covers for the Tejon off Ebay ...they put the Tesoro covers to shame " no offense intended " I reckon there well worth the money saves alota muckin round with tape bubblewrap food wrapper an the like and the qualitys so good Im sure ya detector will be long gone before the covers ever fail ya .. yeah the battery cover is included with the control box cover on for the Tejon , De leon , ect ....I detect in any weather and enjoy detectin in the rain aint to many watchers when its pour'n down ....Ive left my Tejon sittin on the ground through a hail storm while I took shelter in the car and the covers kept it dry as a bone ....I have the Tesoro covers as well but dont like em ...they are poorly designed I reckon open at the bottom to allow easy access to controls but Ive noticed when in the bush in cold wet weather condensation builds up on the inside of the tesoro coves and on the face of control box it s generated from warm hands mine aint to bad but the wifes hands steam up the cover on her Eldo and it needs to be removed and the detector wiped down ..... aint the case with the UK covers they open up like a door with a viewing window and velco down , you can setup and have no worries of anything knocking ya gb , disc or any other knob , they can be a bit annoying if ya wantin to thumb the disc but after there used quite a bit they will sit open pretty well nothin a lackaband wouldnt cure ,,...hehe ....
nah I dont have shares in Thesuarus Covers :biggrin: I just reckon there the best :thumbup:

nzfuc5.jpg

Sweet! Looks good. I live in Colorado and I never know what kind of weather is going to hit me at any given moment. It could be sunny one minute and 10 minutes later an isolated black cloud comes over the mountain and dumps rain/hail snow, sometime all 3, even in July, and then its back sunny again. In these extreme conditions I just dont trust the Tesoro covers. The new version is an improvement but I want to be guaranteed protection. I usually keep the cover in my backpack anyway and when that cloud rolls in, on comes the cover. Thanks for the link!