Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

railtoad key turn of centur

jreb

I am a relic man who has recently doing a little coinshooting lately and I have done well I found a l&n railroad key 4 silver quarters 3 silver dimes a silver ring 17 wheaties and about 50 bucks clad I have dug It all w my x70 and 3 khz coil and I stopped looking at numbers and started listening more

7centsworth said:
Well done. I want one of those coils bad.

I wish I had known that. When I trade my 70 I had just gotten a 3KHZ. I would have given you a good deal on it, Beale.

Rub it in Beale . Just kidding , I did not know you had one.

Good silver finds, and you are "w my x70 and 3 khz coil and I stopped looking at numbers and started listening more" I think with that LF coil if you go by sound harmonics more then you will ID more low conductive trash than with a higher frequency coil.

Beale, I knew you had a Vaquero, but after you traded your 70, what then did you buy after that?

Congrats on the finds. It sounds as if you have learned to appreciate what "hunting by ear" on the X-TERRA can do for relic hunters and coin shooters alike. Using that 3 kHz coil in multiple tone mode is an excellent combination. I don't know how much discrimination you are using. But when you become comfortable with the pitch and clarity of the various tones, I'd suggest you set your X-TERRA to accept all the notches between +2 and +46. Dig those targets that meet my suggestions for audio consistency. And you will be surprised at how much "good stuff" is still out there in the ground. JMHO HH Randy

Digger, off topic question, what is a JMHO? Is it the same a JHMO( Journeyman Hydro Maintenance Operator).

Just My Humble Opinion! HH Randy

David said:
Good silver finds, and you are "w my x70 and 3 khz coil and I stopped looking at numbers and started listening more" I think with that LF coil if you go by sound harmonics more then you will ID more low conductive trash than with a higher frequency coil.

Beale, I knew you had a Vaquero, but after you traded your 70, what then did you buy after that?

Well the Vaquero has long been gone. I had bought a DeLeon a while back, and a Cutlass II Umax. I traded my X-Terra for a golden Umax. I dunno find myself drawn to Tesorro's, Beale.