Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RAILROAD CART

WELL I PROMISED TO SHOW MY METAL DETECTING RELIC THAT WAS FOUND IN LOUDOUN COUNTY VA AND NOW TRYING TO LOCATE IT AGAIN.A LOT OF HARD WORK WENT IN GETTING THIS CART OUT OF THE WATER.ILL ADD TO STORY IF ANYONE INTERESTED THIS IS THE ONLY RELIC OF THIS RAIL ROAD THAT WAS ABANDONED AFTER THE CIVIL WAR.HOPE YOU CAN SEE PICS.THANKS ALL FOR LOOKING.THIS IS A BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO TAKEN BY A FREIND WHO WORKED FOR THE LOUDOUN TIMES MIRROR.THIS CART DISSAPEARED IN THE SHENADOAH RETREAT IN CLARKE COUNTY VA.HOPING ITS NOT IN SCRAP METAL LONG AGO .AS I SAID 500.00 REWARD ON WHERE ABOUTS OF IT .THIS MINING CART WAS USED TO BUILD THE LOUDOUN BRANCH RAILROAD.....THIS WAS ESTIMATED TO BE BETWEEN 1853-1858.BROTHER KEPT IT AT HIS HOUSE AND DONT KNOW IF HE SOLD IT OR GAVE IT AWAY.IT WAS FOUND BACK IN 1978 WITH A RADIO SHACK DETECTOR.FATHER FOUND IT WHEN HE WAS A BOY SWIMMING IN GOOSE CREEK.IT WAS A STORY TOLD TO ME BY HIM LOTS OF TIMES AND HE SAID HE HOPED ONE DAY SOME ONE WOULD BRING IT OUT THE WATER BEFORE HE DIED.HE NEVER GOT TO SEE IT, AGAIN .PASSED AWAY.THERE IS STILL A 500.00 DOLLAR REWARD FOR ITS WHEREABOUTS.FOR YEARS I HAVE SEARCHED,IT HAS NO REAL VAULE EXCEPT A FAMILY STORY.IT HAS PROBALLY RUSTED TO A STATE THAT THE SPOKES IN THE WHEELS HAVE DECAYED,THE FRAME WAS PITCH RAILROAD TIES.ANYWAY IF ANYONE KNOWS OR HAS SEEN CONTACT ME.BROTHER ALSO PASSED AWAY NEVER SAYING WHERE IT WENT.

sorry,but i suffer from a head injury and to write this post is more challenging than the capital letters.i will have my son rewrite this so everyone can read it better.to write this taken me about 1 1/2 hrs.not asking for sympathy just understanding.at least some one saw the post.this was a lifetime find.

Donnie, that is a great story nice bit of history behind it good luck in your search i hope you find it.

CART IS DATED BETWEEN 1853-1858.THE RAILWAY WAS ABANDONED AFTER THE CIVILWAR ,BANKRUPT.IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE POST POINT IT OUT AND IT WILL BE CORRECTED.TRUE STORY FOR SURE I PULLED THIS FROM THE WATER IN 1978.THE LOUDOUN MUSEUM WANTED IT BUT I DIDNT WANT TO LET IT GO. NOW I WISH I WOULD HAVE LOANED IT.IF NUMBERS DONT ADD UP AND STORY NOT RIGHT TRY WRITING IT DOWN FROM MY SIDE WITH A HEAD INJURY.MAYBE THIS IS WHY NO ONE INTERESTED.OVER LOOK THE NUMBERS STORY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.FIRST IT WAS CAPITAL LETTERS NOW NUMBERS.IF MODERATOR CAN PULL THIS POST PLEASE DO, SO DONT WANT TO SEEM FAKE.IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE I WOULD DO THAT.

1982 is when museum wanted cart,it was 125 years old in 1978.my mistake on the 135.anyway its all true..............i felt offended first, but its all good .looks like fox news reported this.