Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quirks, or is it warranty time?

waynard

Regarding the pinpointing function on my Ace 250. Most of the time it works, sometimes with quirks. When I pp my target, as I sweep, I center the scale moving left to right, then pull the detector back towards me until the sound quits. That puts the target (standard coil) between the two rings, on the edge of the inner coil. If I want to de-tune the target, I will start just outside the tone area, and release and re-press the pp button. Normally, the tone is fine and the search area is much more defined. The problem is, that on the second depression, sometimes there is no tone at all, sometimes is does not retune, and sometimes it changes to just a whisper where you really have to strain to hear it at all. Normal???

While on the subject of pinpointing, I'll pass on something I've learned the hard way. I normally carry my Garrett pinpointer along with my steel garden shovel in my left hand together, while sweeping with my right hand. When I hit a target that I want to dig, I have been powering up my pp while still holding my little shovel. The result is that I have de-tuned the pp, and it will only give me about half power. I was getting quite frustrated with it, thinking it was on the blitz when all along it was my fault. Keep it clear of all metals when powering it up, and it will work just fine. Unless, of course, you want to detune it.

If the pinpoint signal goes soft on ya, just raise the search coil a couple feet while continuing to hold the pinpoint button. Quickly release and press the pinpoint button again immediatly. Then lower the search coil while continuing to hold the pinpoint button. Signal should be much stronger. You may already be doing this, I dunno:shrug: I seldom use the Ace, but when I do, that usually works for me. I'm sure that others will chime in with some good/better advice. Good luck:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Is the problem you're describing about how the 250 sometimes losses its noise while pipointing?? That is normal, but it hasn't ever caused a major issue for me. It usually happens to me when I make a second pass over the target. Im not really sure why this happens however.

When the sound quits after a detune, the Ace is just telling you that you have a big piece of junk under it. Always double check before moving on though, just to be sure.
Mick Evans.

if it sounds good dig it......:clapping:pinpoint is to just get you close to target area under coil so were not digging all over..sounds like your ace is working just fine...above posts did say it all..it really is a great Little machine.:thumbup:you ll find allot of stuff with it after you learn about how it works...just keep working at it...take it nice and slow and you ll be rewarded..:clapping::garrett: