Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quickest silver ever... :bouncy:

Steve(OR)

Haven't been out much this year - work, and all that... but my detecting buddy called me last night to say that they tore up the sidewalk at an old school we've tried many times, and can I go for a couple hours this morning. :thumbup:

Anyway, after grabbing all my gear out of the car, and surveying the sidewalk construction, I strapping myself into the SE... I turn on, noise cancel, half sweep to the right, full sweep to the left, and... WAIT, was that high-tone silver?!? A couple quick passes and the headphones say "Damn right - silver!!" The Smartscreen was reading more like a clad dime, but the sound was silver all the way.

A couple more pinpointing passes with the coil, glance at the screen again - it wasn't very deep - so I pulled the X1 out, pinpointed it in about 3 seconds, flipped over the dried out, dusty dirt with the probe tip and there she was - a wore out 1911-D Barber dime. :devil:

From the time I started sweeping, to the time I had it in my hand... it could not have been any more then 60 seconds.

Sorry, no pic - I gave all my finds to my buddy. I wouldn't have known about this sidewalk if he hadn't called me, so I had already decided, before we started, that I'd give anything I found to him.

Nothing quite like that feeling, though, when you pull old silver out of the ground... I need to get out more. :beers:

SCM