Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick test runs with my two new detctors.

I traded my Cortes and Tigershark in yesterday for a Tejon and Vequaro. I tried both machines in areas that gave my Cortes problems with incesive chatter and "ghost signals". Last night (in the dark-kinda spooky with the coyotes barking and howling) I tried the Vaquero in my dad's yard (next door to me) where I have pulled a silver dime , a wartime nickle , and more than a dozen wheaties (1910's-1950's) with my old Cortes , but the Cortes was very noisy causing me to dig several junk items and false signals. The Vaquero ran smooth and quiet , but I did seem to clear the area out with my Cortes because I only found one 1968-D clad dime that I missed before at about 3 inches. I did dig a few junk items , but with the signals the Vaquero gave me I knew that they were junk , but I wanted to learn the language of my new machine. Today I took both detectors with me and I hunted at my grandparents old cabin where I dug a 1920 Merc , 2 silver Rosies , and a few Wheaties with my old Cortes , but again the Cortes was very noisy and unstable there. I used the Tejon there and it ran very quiet and smooth . Again the Cortes did hunt the area out pretty good when I hunted there before. I had the discrimination set to just below nickle and the alt discriminate to about max. At first I did dig the strong signals below nickle discrimate hoping to turn up a buffalo or two , but they all turned out to be pulltabs or bullet casings. After a while I only dug the strong signals that were just below max discriminate. I only had two strong signals using just below max discrominate which turned out to be 3 clad quarters all in one hole and an old mason jar lid. On the way home from the hunt I stopped at a playground to let my 3 year old daughter have some fun. She ended up playing with an 8 year old girl there , so I grabbed the Vaquero without headphones to try a quick hunt in the sandy area of the playground. I turned up a quarter , 6 dimes , 1 nickle , and 10 pennies , plus a pendant that I think went on a necklace. All in about a half an hour. In closing I'll say that I am VERY HAPPY with my trade and my two new detectors , and I don't miss the Target I.D. feature at all. I don't know if the Cortes game me problems because of the factory preset Ground Balance , or if I just didn't know how to use it properly , but for the places and type of hunting that I do my two new machines work way better for me. I have no regrets in my decision. I also tried out my new Greyghost headphones and I liked them way beter than my Whites Royal headphones that I was previously using. Tesoro-CoinShooter

Well congrats on the 2 new units! It sounds like you are enjoying them. Good hunting, Beale.

You have to love it when a new detector solves the exact problems you were hoping it would. In this case you've had twice the luck. Hope you find lots with the new machines!
:)

Glad you are happy with your new machines. I am willing to bet that you will find more goodies using a non tid machine because you are going by sound and not by what the display is saying - and sound is where it is at. Love them beep & dig Tesoro's!!!! Steve.